Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another ebay buyer to block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I sold this to this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0484362508

Right after he won he said that his paypal wasn't working and they wouldn't take his credit card. I told him I can wait until he resolves the issue or he can send a check or money order. Two days later he pays for the card.

Today I get the following claim:

11/11/2009 16:07 PST - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
11/11/2009 16:07 PST - Buyer: Please see already stated complaint.
11/11/2009 16:06 PST - Buyer: Card was in a simple manilla envelope with no protection. The corners on the cards are all bent, and the envelope has moisture on it which smeared one of the autographs. He poorly packaged it. I want to send it back for a refund.

I respond:

The buyer is incorrectly describing the way the card was shipped. It was shipped in a 4"x8" manilla padded envelope, the card was inside a plastic sealed "team-bag" between two plastic toploaders. The card was shipped out with insurance and signature confirmation even though the buyer did not pay for them. I knew this buyer would be trouble because as soon as he won the card he already wanted to back out.

Here is the UPS tracking #9125150134711903118486

This buyer is trying to get his money back because a similar card sold for less and he got cold feet. I have sold plenty of cards on ebay and know how to ship a $150 card.

What will happen?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Re: Another ebay buer to block

I'd say you have a solid case but with paypal lately, your screwed!

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ

Forgot to mention he paid for the card only after I filed a non-payment with eBay

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Withdraw any $ from your paypal account.

I believe that even if you have your bank account or CC linked, if you have a $0 balance they can't take anything. You would just have to open a new paypal account.

And yes, if you sent with insurance and you lose because of "damage" you can file a claim

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I have a negative account balance in paypal now -$151

I never filed a claim with USPS, they want scans of the damage. Should I submit the claim w/o scans? I asked the buyer for scans.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Withdraw any $ from your paypal account.

I believe that even if you have your bank account or CC linked, if you have a $0 balance they can't take anything. You would just have to open a new paypal account.

And yes, if you sent with insurance and you lose because of "damage" you can file a claim

Not true. Paypal can go after your bank acct/cc + they can block you from opening another acct.

you should file a claim w/the PO

Btw, just b/c the buyer doesn’t pay for insurance doesn’t matter…sellers are legally obligated to deliver undamaged items to buyers + always have been, even though sellers have thought they weren't liable. Not to mention, under the new ebay rules, you can’t charge buyers for insurance.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

I would ask for my card back from him and tell him this is how you want it shipped
back to with everything that you shipped in and put that in a box and ship it back to you.

Now if he does what you say and you can find damage to the card you will then file a claim
and as soon as the claim is payed from the USPS you will give him a full refund.
Either way I would want that card back since I (you) insured it. But I would tell him your
wanting it returned to you on your terms. (packed exactly they you want it back.)
See a friend did this to a buyer after you filed a dispute with my buddy, And he agree and PayPal
even know this was how he was to return the card, well it did not come that way and my friend videoed
the arrival of the packge and it was not in the box to protect on the return trip, so it get even
more damage,so my buddy was able to file a claim from the post office and the buyer had to wait for
about 6 weeks to get his money and my buddy's account was not on any type of restriction since the buyer did not
follow the return instructions that he aggree on and paypal looged that was how it was to be returned to him.

See the moral here is, protect yourself on return because if they just send it back in say a PWE or some other
bad packaging you can't tell when the damage occurred then and your out the money and you have a non sell able card.
And you will have to wait to file a claim with the post office.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008

Pine Tar said:
I would ask for my card back from him and tell him this is how you want it shipped
back to with everything that you shipped in and put that in a box and ship it back to you.

Now if he does what you say and you can find damage to the card you will then file a claim
and as soon as the claim is payed from the USPS you will give him a full refund.
Either way I would want that card back since I (you) insured it. But I would tell him your
wanting it returned to you on your terms. (packed exactly they you want it back.)
See a friend did this to a buyer after you filed a dispute with my buddy, And he agree and PayPal
even know this was how he was to return the card, well it did not come that way and my friend videoed
the arrival of the packge and it was not in the box to protect on the return trip, so it get even
more damage,so my buddy was able to file a claim from the post office and the buyer had to wait for
about 6 weeks to get his money and my buddy's account was not on any type of restriction since the buyer did not
follow the return instructions that he aggree on and paypal looged that was how it was to be returned to him.

See the moral here is, protect yourself on return because if they just send it back in say a PWE or some other
bad packaging you can't tell when the damage occurred then and your out the money and you have a non sell able card.

Except that Paypal already took the money from his account.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008

Jastermereel said:
Pine Tar said:

That’s how paypal claims work- funds are usually held while the claim's being decided- unless the seller chooses the option that says something like “will issue refund when the card is returned,” but apparently that didn’t happen here. Either way, USPS will require the OP to give them the card before paying out any $ (if they choose to pay). Scans are a must.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ

rainmanesq said:
Jastermereel said:
Pine Tar said:

That’s how paypal claims work- funds are usually held while the claim's being decided- unless the seller chooses the option that says something like “will issue refund when the card is returned,” but apparently that didn’t happen here. Either way, USPS will require the OP to give them the card before paying out any $ (if they choose to pay). Scans are a must.

So they physically need to see the card?

Members online

Latest posts