Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whine, moan & complain- why don't I have a TTM return from..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Thought this might be fun......I track my returns in SCN and follow others successes pretty closely from various sites.

Lee Smith and Matt Willilams have been most elusive for me.....have tried a couple of times each over the last year. Really would like a Smith for my '84 Topps set. Both sign on occassion so why not for me... :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Re: Whine, moan & complain- why I don't have a TTM return from..

Only reason I could see is because you have a rediculous HOF collection...both cards and indexes ;) Seriously though...your time will come, I'm sure of it :mrgreen:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

metallicalex777 said:
Only reason I could see is because you have a rediculous HOF collection...both cards and indexes ;) Seriously though...your time will come, I'm sure of it :mrgreen:

Thanks bud.....do you do TTMs? I find it a fun and relatively cheap way to fill the ol' mailbox.

Anyone else have any whines, moans or complaints regarding a TTM they hope to receive?

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL

MaineMule said:
Thought this might be fun......I track my returns in SCN and follow others successes pretty closely from various sites.

Lee Smith and Matt Willilams have been most elusive for me.....have tried a couple of times each over the last year. Really would like a Smith for my '84 Topps set. Both sign on occassion so why not for me... :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Neat topic, I am 2/2 with Matt Williams over the past year or so. The main guy eluding me is Mariano Rivera, I believe i sent to him 5 or 6 times over the past couple of years with no luck. On a lesser extent i'd love to be one of the few lucky ones who get a return from Sandy Koufax each year.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky

Albert Pujols and Alex Rodriguez.

I've only attempted 5 TTMs; oddly enough, the other three guys did in fact sign for me.

Rickie Weeks
Greg Maddux
David Wright

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL

Try changing up your letter with Smith and Williams. Your Rivera needs to be in a big package btw.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD

Mark Moseley
I sent 2 cards and a check around the time he was returning alot of stuff. Never cashed the check, never received my cards back. He has still returned other stuff since then too.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Phish said:
Jacob Brumfield
Bob Walk
Roberto Alomar

Walk only signs c/o the Pirates. He has mentioned on a few different occasions that he doesn't like people sending mail to his home address, and it usually gets thrown out. If you hadn't before, I'd suggest sending c/o the team.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
Oddibe Mcdowell I know he sint a super star but I must have sent to him 3 or 4 times in a span of a feww years. whats frustrating was I saw successes from him nearly everyday

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I feel like I see frequent Hank Aaron returns... nothing for me. Hard to be too picky about a mega-star, though, I'm sure he gets TONS of requests. On a smaller scale, I've been unable to get back Juan Gonzalez...

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
jswaykos said:
I feel like I see frequent Hank Aaron returns... nothing for me. Hard to be too picky about a mega-star, though, I'm sure he gets TONS of requests. On a smaller scale, I've been unable to get back Juan Gonzalez...

I got an Aaron "stamp" a couple of years ago and my Juan Gone (from last winter) seems to be long gone.......

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
I had sucess with a Wade Boggs a few years ago (89 Score or something like that). Then I sent an 83 Topps, Fleer, and Donruss, I have never seen them again. :(