Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this LEGAL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
no way, ebay will have that down within an hour if it gets reported.
wish it was, i would do it with all my cards.

someone should hit the BIN, and then say they didnt see the ship, and report him, etc...

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Pretty sure it goes against ebay policy.
As for legal or not, I imagine it would be legal.
But because you are dealing with Ebay, you are bound by their policies and guidelines. So if they say no go, well there you have it!

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Done that before to save fees when me and someone agreed on a price, people have probably done it for me as well. I've seen listings before though, that that wasn't the case and I believe they were pretty much trying to trick people into buying a card because of the low price, because nobody assumes shipping is going to be more than $5, so they don't really pay attention.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Except the fact that it says "$200 Total".

I have done this before (before Live.com/Bing.com) to get a break and save the seller some money.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I don't understand why people generally have a problem with this situation. Fee-bay has made selling almost untenable at this point. I almost want to bid/buy more when I see a seller trying to beat the system. Power to the People!

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Your kidding right?

JEA2880 said:
I don't understand why people generally have a problem with this situation.
Because ebay is a business. If they dont get a certain profit margin, they'll raise the fees and hurt the honest people.

Fee-bay has made selling almost untenable at this point.
You are not forced to sell thru ebay. Try Naxcom, Sportsbuy etc and see how fast you move your cards. It's funny, so many people are trying to make $ on items and act as if ebay is some non profit charitable organization that owes them something.

I almost want to bid/buy more when I see a seller trying to beat the system. Power to the People!
Power to the people? lol This "system" has rules in place for a reason. Your "supposed" to follow all of them. Next time someone finds a loophole and you get screwed on a ebay deal, will you still be happy with people who try to beat the system?

:)

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Sly said:
Legal? Don't see why not.

This is DEFINATELY NOT legal. This is a misrepresentation of the items value and the shipping SERVICE provided.

Ebay should have this down immediately if reported.

Members online

Latest posts