Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Heyward AFLAC auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyB74

Sep 13, 2008
Where do you think the price will settle before next season? They started out finishing for over $300 but the last couple have finished below $200. I'm thinking around $100-$150 depending on the print run.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Is it just me or are we seeing WAY too many of these come out of BDP? I thought Aflac's were pretty low-produced??

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Sold it for $150. I think this is pretty fair considering those ridiculous BIN up on the bay. I also have the Flores so heck I am alright! :lol:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
schmidtfan20 said:
Why wouldn't his 2007 autographs be more sought after? or are they?

Kevin

Because even though this was released in a 2008 product, the actual card was produced in 2006. It's kinda like a buyback almost.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Sly said:
Is it just me or are we seeing WAY too many of these come out of BDP? I thought Aflac's were pretty low-produced??

completely agree, i really wish these were numbered.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I sold mine for $150 because I have too many questions about these things. If I try to sell it later I know it will go down because of the whole sticker thing, print run, and the market is already flooded with these. The more that show up the lower this card will go.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
jbone17 said:
I sold mine for $150 because I have too many questions about these things. If I try to sell it later I know it will go down because of the whole sticker thing, print run, and the market is already flooded with these. The more that show up the lower this card will go.

People really don't realize how rare these are...

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I know it is rare, but with the market flooded I figure I would drop it. Did you buy mine for 150 on the bay lol? Your name on here looks almost the same as who bought my Heyward.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jbone17 said:

I tend to disagree. I think we are going to see them dip a bit more, but when the case ripping slows down and these aren't being pulled any more, they will got back up in price. When there is 1 or 2 listed a week, the price will definitely rise....Supply and demand, right now the supply is just too high, with case rippers trying to get their money back!

skrip

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Incline Investments said:
jbone17 said:

And just how rare are they, Mr Expert?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
JoshHamilton said:
jbone17 said:

there are no more than /250 of any player

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
JoshHamilton said:
jbone17 said:

I thought the stated print run was no more than 200/player? That probably isn't true, nor is Topps' 1/case claim. Most cased I've seen busted, AFLACs are falling 1-3/case. Never seen a case shorted an AFLAC

There are 31 Heyward AFLAC autos in Ebay's completed listing. No, I'm not taking the time to go through each auction and weed out unsold, item ended early, etc auctions. I'm not doing that for any comparison cards either, so placebo results don't matter.

I compared the print run to Porcello Xfractors and Blue refs. The stated print run of both are 199 and 99.

19 Xfractor closed auctions. 10 Blue Refractor closed auctions. Roughly 10% of the print run of each card, which leads me to believe 10% of the production run has been opened, or somewhere near that figure. That would put the number of Heyward AFLACs around 300. I typed in several other AFLACS and completed auctions were between 21 (Smoker) and 39 (Porcello). Most were around 32, which would leave me to believe Topps is lying yet again.

And 300 isn't that rare. In fact I believe that would make the non auto'd AFLACs rarer than the auto'd ones. Wasn't the print run of the regular cards 500?

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
you do need to weed through the unsold see and who is selling which? buyers could be selling real quick as they made an impulse buy. sellers could end and restart right away due to an error. what if only 20 of the heywards were unique? your theory would then make topps right at 200 total. just a thought

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
JoshHamilton said:
cgilmo said:
JoshHamilton said:
jbone17 said:

I thought the stated print run was no more than 200/player? That probably isn't true, nor is Topps' 1/case claim. Most cased I've seen busted, AFLACs are falling 1-3/case. Never seen a case shorted an AFLAC

There are 31 Heyward AFLAC autos in Ebay's completed listing. No, I'm not taking the time to go through each auction and weed out unsold, item ended early, etc auctions. I'm not doing that for any comparison cards either, so placebo results don't matter.

I compared the print run to Porcello Xfractors and Blue refs. The stated print run of both are 199 and 99.

19 Xfractor closed auctions. 10 Blue Refractor closed auctions. Roughly 10% of the print run of each card, which leads me to believe 10% of the production run has been opened, or somewhere near that figure. That would put the number of Heyward AFLACs around 300. I typed in several other AFLACS and completed auctions were between 21 (Smoker) and 39 (Porcello). Most were around 32, which would leave me to believe Topps is lying yet again.

And 300 isn't that rare. In fact I believe that would make the non auto'd AFLACs rarer than the auto'd ones. Wasn't the print run of the regular cards 500?

That's a rediculous argument. There are so many factors that play into this that you didn't account for.

Members online