Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BP Red Sox Top 11 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
another non-exposito prospect list. I am glad that the red sox think more highly of him on their depth chart. SoxProspects.com

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
another non-exposito prospect list. I am glad that the red sox think more highly of him on their depth chart. SoxProspects.com

Soxprospects isn't associated with the Redsox, not sure if u intended ur post to read that way.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I would have thought Jose Iglesias would have been higher. I'm not all that impressed with Reddick, seem a bit too high for my novice taste.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jbone17 said:
Wow Tazawa at number 7? He fell quite a bit as well even though he was a monster this past year.

Monster? He pitched 25 innings for the Sox and had an ERA of almost 7.50. He was very good in AA, and only made 2 appearances in AA. His ceiling was never that high.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Exposito should definately be in the top 10. Right now he projects as their "catcher of the future".

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
MallCopKJ said:
Exposito should definately be in the top 10. Right now he projects as their "catcher of the future".

imo the catcher post V-mart isn't currently employed by the Sox. Wagner, Exposito, Federowicz could end up at the position but I don't see the sox handing their pitching staff over to a rookie, i just dont see it.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
mredsox89 said:
MallCopKJ said:

imo the catcher post V-mart isn't currently employed by the Sox. Wagner, Exposito, Federowicz could end up at the position but I don't see the sox handing their pitching staff over to a rookie, i just dont see it.

Hey everyone has to be a rookie at some point right?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
MallCopKJ said:
Brett Keith said:
Finally Rizzo makes it into a top 5.

He should be in for a HUGE year, being completely healthy.

Definitely. Other than the power, he didn't drop off at all jumping from the SAL to the Carolina League, even though he was 19 most of the year, coming off a lost year dealing with cancer treatment. Of the non-elite prospects, I think he's one of the safest bets to be a good big leaguer, with Adrian Gonzlalez ceiling.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
MallCopKJ said:
mredsox89 said:
MallCopKJ said:

Hey everyone has to be a rookie at some point right?

Yes, but i see them using a FA and using one of the three prospect catchers as a back up for 3 years and see if they can develop.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
baseballguy350 said:
mredsox89 said:

Soxprospects isn't associated with the Redsox, not sure if u intended ur post to read that way.

Wait, so Theo didn't make that list?!

not trying to read that way, but his afl development is promising. that site is one of the better red sox unofficial sites/message boards

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
baseballguy350 said:
mredsox89 said:
[quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":upxscryx]another non-exposito prospect list. I am glad that the red sox think more highly of him on their depth chart. SoxProspects.com

Wait, so Theo didn't make that list?!

not trying to read that way, but his afl development is promising. that site is one of the better red sox unofficial sites/message boards[/quote:upxscryx]

Ok. I only asked because people have thought the site was run by the Sox. It is a fantastic site, but the message boards are a little over the top but i guess that just comes with any message boards

Members online

Latest posts