Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mr.Mint....NY Daily News s-l-o-w news day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
justinmandawg said:
Mr. Mint is "the" ****** of baseball cards. He's pissed prices are higher? Why because he can't give people a nickel for a 100.00 card?
Why is this news and why is he still alive? If anyone deserved to be struck down by a bolt of lightning, other than Burge, it's this a-hole.

cammy collector

May 4, 2009
Western Maryland
haters. :lol:

Mr.jpg

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
I've seen the guy about a dozen times over the years at the Rosemont IL shows. Creep. Spoke to him once, big tool. Conceited as can be
He actually cut in front of my wife to shake P Rose's hand when I tried to take picture of wife with Rose (and some blonde bimbo). We wait in line for that opportunity. He walks past everyone down an empty aisle and rudely did what he did.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
The celebrated baseball card dealer - who became so disenchanted with industry "greed" that he hasn't visited a New York City sports show in nearly a decade - is returning for revenge.

This guy EXEMPLIFIES industry greed!!!

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
JEA2880 said:
The celebrated baseball card dealer - who became so disenchanted with industry "greed" that he hasn't visited a New York City sports show in nearly a decade - is returning for revenge.

This guy EXEMPLIFIES industry greed!!!
Agreed. Almost makes me want to register with their website to post a comment.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Promoter Joe Coppa, who inked Rosen for this weekend's show at Queens College in Flushing, said Mr. Mint automatically boosts the expo's profile. ::facepalm:: WTF Joe Coppa needs to find a better groups of friends. :lol:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
"I'd love to see that guy get crushed," said Rosen, whose likeness is printed on baseballs that he autographs. "He deserves to get smacked in the head."

And I'd like to beat you over the head til you bleed to death for being a tool.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The promoter, like i have said before is a tool. This only proves what i have said. Those guys deserve each other. Jimmy Ryan is a fair guy who stood up to Mr Mint and his usual BS. Koppa is also a theif.

Jul 30, 2009
While Ive known the name Mr. Mint for over 20 years, I dont know the man but I cant say Ive ever really heard anhting nice said about him.

For thos who dont know, in the mid/late 80's, he bought CASES of 1952 Topps. Yes, CASES from a family who used to own a candy store back then.

The boxes were cracked and I dont remember the number but I think he found like 50 Mantles. I remember that at one point, HE COULDNT SELL MINT ONES FOR $3,000

Jul 30, 2009
I posted before I read the article and now that I did, he is a HUGE POS in my book. Bigger than I ever thought. What a BS S eating grin he always puts on in pics.

Theres plenty of NY shows he could attend but maybe he doesnt consider any to be up to "his" standards ::facepalm::

Anyway, I hope he enjoyed sitting at his table doing nothing today and same tomorrow because I was told that this "NYS NAtional" was utter crap. Ad reads 300 tables? More like 40-50 is what I heard. Hope MR. Mint enjoyed doing this "mall" show and may he continue not to do any NY shows.

Members online

Latest posts