Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Evgeni Malkin returns tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
after missing 7 games because of a strained right shoulder Evgeni Malkin returns to the Pens lineup tonight. the Pens went 2-5-0 without Malkin and haven't scored a power play goal in those 7 games going 0-21. Malkin took the ice this morning and said "I'm ready to play, and I hope that I play," Malkin said. "I feel great. ... If I play (today), I'll play the first shift and play hard and have my timing down. I'm ready now."

the Pens unfortunately also announced today that Chris Kunitz will miss the next 2 weeks with a lower body injuring ::facepalm:: . they get one player back but lose another.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
WooooooooooHoooooooooooooo thats great news :D We need Malkin back in the worst ways. You posted all the teams stats without him in the line up, the Pens have been awful without Evgeni Malkin. They have been scoring a ton less as well. It would be interesting to see what the team goals for, per game average was up until Malkin got hurt and then what it had been since he got hurt. Should be pretty easy to figure out if we have a stat or mathematician in the house? Anyone think they can figure that out?

Anyways...... yeah, the Pens need Malkin back really bad and this recent stint with his injury and then the subsequent poor play by the team, just shows how very valuable Malkin is to his team. NHL GM's take note and remember this for the spring when you guys are voting on the Hart trophy.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I don't know what the averages are but they are without a doubt way down without Malkin in the lineup. hopefully he has a solid return and it would be nice to have at least one power play goal.

picture18.png

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Boooooooooooooo...was hoping he wouldn't be back until next week. Go Bruins!!! :)

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
2-1 after the first.

Pascal Dupuis scored and Ben Lovejoy gets his first NHL point with an assist.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
3-3 after the second period.

Crosby with a goal and Malkin with his second assist.

great game so far.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Pens won 6-5 in OT. Malkin ended the night with 3 assists including an assist on a goal by Bill Guerin with 0.4 seconds in the game. Pascal Dupuis scored the winner shortly into the OT.

the Pens still didn't score a power play goal but it was great to see Malkin back in lineup.

Members online

Latest posts