Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big win for me...I finally got a button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I have been looking for a button auto of a player i like for awhile...
ok, now i have cards with jersey,patch,bat,barrel,button,dirt,hat,glove,cletes,glove...i think i have all game used but a bat knob now.

I bet this sucka looks nicer in hand than in the scan.
!BekJghgB2k~$(KGrHqUOKi0ErzSLbRFUBK9)3d1CNQ~~_12.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
I have been looking for a button auto of a player i like for awhile...
ok, now i have cards with jersey,patch,bat,barrel,button,dirt,hat,glove,cletes,glove...i think i have all game used but a bat knob now.

I bet this sucka looks nicer in hand than in the scan.
!BekJghgB2k~$(KGrHqUOKi0ErzSLbRFUBK9)3d1CNQ~~_12.jpg
They do look tons better. Welcome to the club :) !

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Johan Santana 57 said:
Do you like making 1 card threads? Why not just post a thread with all your eBay buys in one thread, seeing you pick up something every hour.

Yes, i do...do you like being an idiot...

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
hofautos said:

Don't forget about the On-Deck Circle cards and the seats and benches and walls.

EDIT: I think 2008 Stadium Club had the bunting from Yankee Stadium too

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
djrulz said:
hofautos said:

Don't forget about the On-Deck Circle cards and the seats and benches and walls.

I meant mainly player game used stuff...the dirt was a stretch for me, but I just thought it was so ridiculous to sell dirt that I had to have one as a gimmick.
I actually have 2 dirt cards now, so if someone is interested in a MADDUX Dirt card for $20, i got one fs/ft.

what is on deck circle? chalk?

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Johan Santana 57 said:
Do you like making 1 card threads? Why not just post a thread with all your eBay buys in one thread, seeing you pick up something every hour.
Jealous much? What an ahole, he posted a really nice pickup.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
hofautos said:
djrulz said:
hofautos said:

I meant mainly player game used stuff...the dirt was a stretch for me, but I just thought it was so ridiculous to sell dirt that I had to have one as a gimmick.
I actually have 2 dirt cards now, so if someone is interested in a MADDUX Dirt card for $20, i got one fs/ft.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TODD-HELTON-2004-TO ... 518e33c5da

http://cgi.ebay.com/EDGAR-MARTINEZ-2001 ... 20ae108726

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Jeff D said:
hofautos said:

FYI, you may not have ever noticed, but the on-deck circle is a thing:

2661097683_b2f290363e.jpg

yea, duh on me :oops:
I guess i was thinking back in my little league days... :)

Game used dirt still takes the cake :D

When I first saw game used dirt, it was Kevin Brown, and i thought to myself...who would ever buy a game used dirt card of Kevin Brown...and the more I thought about it the more I had to have it... :lol: I have since upgraded twice (maddux, and just recently bought a GU dirt card of griffey from a board member).

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
sneekc said:
Johan Santana 57 said:

I dont know if you noticed but thats his 3rd thread on the main page all of which are pickups it does get annoying he should combine it all into one thread

Another great pickup nonetheless

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
colts1888 said:
sneekc said:
Johan Santana 57 said:

I dont know if you noticed but thats his 3rd thread on the main page all of which are pickups it does get annoying he should combine it all into one thread

To me, I could never see TOO many threads on nice cards. To me, people that complain about too many threads on baseball cards on a baseball card message board should go somewhere else. ;)

So to each their own...i open threads I am interested in and don't open threads I am not interested in.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't mind it. I like looking at nice looking cards and Mike buys some nice looking cards. I get more tired of the "Is ______________ a HOFer?" threads.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
hofautos said:
colts1888 said:
sneekc said:
Johan Santana 57 said:

To me, I could never see to many nice cards. To me, people that complain about too many threads on baseball cards on a baseball card message board should go somewhere else. ;)

its funny everytime i sign into this site your postare geneally always on top I might bethe minorty when I say this but generally i ignore mot of your threads even though you get some sweet cards. Perhaps if you combine them I may look at the thread more frequent to see what new cards are being added to your collection. Like I said I may be alone when I say this but its how i feel when it comes to your post

Members online

Latest posts