Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My day at the Project One Four Fundraiser (David Price)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Good evening guys and gals, I thought I would share a little about my day yesterday in Smyrna, TN at David Price's fundraiser for his charity, Project One Four.

My wife had previous plans so she couldn't attend, but I took my little sister (12) and my youngest sister-in-law (15), as they are both baseball and Price fans as well. My sister has met David once before and of course has a huge crush on him so she was stoked for the trip, haha.

We left at about 7:30 for the 4 hour drive to the Smyrna Bowling Center. Huge bowling alley, I've never seen one the size of this place, probably 30-35 lanes. When we pulled in we saw David's father whom we spoke with as we walked in. He said since we drove 4 hours he would make sure we were taken care of, and he certainly wasn't kidding because he then invited us to eat lunch with his family and friends that were at the event.... meaning his son, David Price! We were excited to say the least and blown away by the kindness and generosity.

After meeting everyone as we came in, including Mr. Price's wife and a few other family members, we made our way to the autograph room. There were very few people already there for autographs so it gave us a little bit of time to hang out with David and get pictures/autos. He was extremely kind and friendly and joked around with us. The girls gave David the David Justice items we brought for him and he seemed as excited about that as we were to see him! He even said he would like to get those items autographed by David Justice, lol. They had a nice set up with photographers and you could get your picture taken/printed/auto'd as you waited.

I ended up getting auto's on a ticket (first regular season win), WS hat, USA patch card, and the photo taken while there. The girls got a hat and ball auto'd along with the pictures.

After that we bowled our first game.... the scores we won't talk about :lol:

At 11:30 we got to eat lunch with everyone and it was a blast, great food too! Everyone was extremely friendly and talkative so it was a lot of fun. Then we bowled a couple more games and watched David bowl with the ladies bowling team from Vanderbilt.... he's actually really good and they gave the girls a run for their money.

As we watched I was standing next to a gentleman that was about 6'6"/7" and we started talking.... turns out he is Price's agent! We had a very interesting conversation and I told him it was nice to see someone other than Scott Boras get one of the top ten draft pics :lol:

The silent auction had some really neat items but not much in the signed memorabilia department. However, I was able to win signed batting gloves and a circular saw! The deal of the day was the circular saw for 30 bucks!

We got to talk to David quite a few more times during the day and he even thanked us for making the drive as we left. You could really tell how appreciative David was to everyone for helping out his cause and also how humble he is as well.

We had such a great time and definitely hope to go back for any future fundraisers. The generosity that we were shown was really amazing and we can't express how thankful we were for that.

We left with an experience I know I won't, and I'm sure the girls won't either, soon forget.

We then made the long drive home, all giddy as little school girls..... only thing is, only 2 of the 3 are ACTUALLY giddy little school girls :lol: :oops:

Thanks for the read everyone! I'll post some pics in a few minutes...

Casey

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
come on casey, what you bowl.....lol!

must've been a great experience for all three of you

i still say you shoulda picked me up. it was on the way :lol:

dave

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Casey you know there was 3 giddy school girls there ;)
Seems like you had a great time, now you know not scans and it never happened

So if you don't want to be flamed you better produce. :lol:
I kid looking foreword to the pictures, even though it will be of 3 school girls. :D

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Notice the large giddy school girl on the far left :lol:

img369.jpg

First regular season win stub:

img367.jpg

I hadn't planned on getting this signed on the patch but after handing it to David and talking about it with him we decided the auto would look cooler on the patch!

img368.jpg

Hats and batting glove:
DSCN5864.jpg

DSCN5865.jpg

DSCN5867.jpg

And as an added bonus, since I just downloaded the pics from the camera, you get to see some halloween pics of a Yankee fan and a Philly fan getting along:

DSCN5798.jpg

OR ARE THEY....

DSCN5763.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys, and yes Dave, we definitely should have picked you up! Would have been a great time!

Casey

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Unreal day man, huge props to Price... definitely a fan now.

But on a more serious note... dude, you're a PHILLIES FAN?!?! Just when I thought you were a stand up guy I see you donning the red and white. I might have to reconsider some things...

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
JEA2880 said:
Unreal day man, huge props to Price... definitely a fan now.

But on a more serious note... dude, you're a PHILLIES FAN?!?! Just when I thought you were a stand up guy I see you donning the red and white. I might have to reconsider some things...
Bring it on home slice!

haha!

Members online

Latest posts