Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going under the knife tomorrow :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Well tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for I guess. I am going in for shoulder surgery on my dominant arm. Gonna be in a sling-like thing for a month then 6 months of rehab (awesome). Probably wont be able to post or anything for the next week or so from the shoulder and the painkillers but hopefully ill be back sooner rather than later. Im hoping to be able to rip my 2 boxes of razor in about 2 weeks and maybe a case of 08 after that, we will see if thats even possible with a bum arm. Wish me luck

Thanks, Mike

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
craiger122003 said:
GL on the surgery i bet when you are done you will be ambidextrous ;)

As of now I am completely inept with my left hand/arm so im hoping this will help. Maybe I can develop a left hand in my basketball game, :lol:

Thanks for all the GL's

G

So before you go in ask the surgeon if you'll be able to play the Violin when he is done.
And when he says sure after your rehab, tell him funny I can't play it now. :lol:

Good Luck and hope things go well for you, and here is the speedy recovery.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Best of luck with the surgery...you should bust a case of Chrome for your physical therapy ;)

Seriously though...I hope all goes well as expected.

Alex

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
mredsox89 said:
Well tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for I guess. I am going in for shoulder surgery on my dominant arm. Gonna be in a sling-like thing for a month then 6 months of rehab (awesome). Probably wont be able to post or anything for the next week or so from the shoulder and the painkillers but hopefully ill be back sooner rather than later. Im hoping to be able to rip my 2 boxes of razor in about 2 weeks and maybe a case of 08 after that, we will see if thats even possible with a bum arm. Wish me luck

Thanks, Mike

1st off, good luck. You will be alright.

2nd, what exactly are you getting done? There are a ton of different surgeries you could be having.

- I had surgery on my pitching shoulder after my freshman year at Purdue. They cleaned up the rotator cuff (since that is really all you can do to it), they shrank my capsule because it was completely stretched out, and they shaved off part of my shoulder bone because it was compressing the rotator cuff.

It wasn't that bad. It wasn't fun, but the biggest pain was not being able to move my arm for months. They were worried that if i started to stretch it out too quickly, that the capsule would stretch right back out.

Good luck bud, shoulders suck. I hate to tell you this, but mine never got back to normal.

skrip

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Well im back home. had a nerve block so my right arm is completely numb. I had a major and minor labral tear. Only in a sling for 2 weeks actually so i can bust a case in 2 weeks.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
subpop77 said:
Good deal glad everything went ok ;)

Thanks to everyone. actually got in no pain as of now so we will see how im doing tomorrow. Gonna buy a case of draft when my live rebate gets into my account in 10/11 days. i rly hope live is at 15+ by christmas

Members online