Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Filatov back to Russia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like it's only for the year...for now.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=298705

I don't get it. Played well in a brief stint last year but Hitchcock will only give him 4th line minutes this year. Hopefully he comes back next year, very talented player and I have an Ice /99 of him :)

PatsCards

Nov 6, 2009
Chicago
I'm sure there is more to this story, but what is it with CBJ drafting players that either quit or don't want to play there?

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Oh well. Helps me in my salary cap keeper league. I can demote him to minors and have more FA money yet he stays my property.

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
Jackets need to give Filatov a chance to be himself, and let him make some mistakes. If they put him on the second line with some responsible, semi-skilled forwards they'd get a lot more out of their investment. Worry about his defense once he finds his offense at the NHL level.

As it is right now, they have neither.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
thehamiltonian said:
Jackets need to give Filatov a chance to be himself, and let him make some mistakes. If they put him on the second line with some responsible, semi-skilled forwards they'd get a lot more out of their investment. Worry about his defense once he finds his offense at the NHL level.

As it is right now, they have neither.

Exactly! I don't get the thinking from Columbus right now. I realize they have quite a nice core with Nash, Vermette, Voracek, Brassard, Huselius, and Umburger but I don't think this is the right move.

One good thing is i'm quite sure he and Malkin are really good friends. Hopefully he'll convince him that life in the NHL isn't all that bad.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Something else I thought of...the KHL season is done long before the NHL season. Perhaps he'll be back in the NHL at the end of the year??