Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I have a serious dilemna about my Flores that I pulled!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Okay, if you didn't see yesterday I pulled a redemption for a Wilmer Flores Orange Refractor Auto /25. Now here is the pros and cons about this. Do you think I should take the money for the redemption now and run, or should I wait 12-15 weeks for a chance in this thing never coming back. I just wanted to get a 3rd opinon because my family says I should send it in to get the card, but there is always that chance. PLMK, Thanks. :p

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
A couple of questions:

1. Do you collect him?
2. Are you high on him?
3. Do you need the money?
4. Are you prepared that the card might not be made and Topps will give you crap for it?
5. Are you prepared that he might not become a star in the league and you will only get a small fraction of what you would have if you had sold it?

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
Since you don't collect him I say sell it. Especially with the chance that they will never be honored and you get a scrub replacement. Sell now while they are high and buy yourself a nice Cardenas card or cards.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
well donruss was a redemption and normally they are good with that, so I wouldnt hold my breath, for a chance I have one redeemed but not getting more.

I think they hopefully learned from past redemptions and will redeem it.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
jbone17 said:
That does not help me lol. Now you got me thinking lmao. :lol:

i love to confuse

your guess is as good as mine, cause it means nothing, but I would give them the benefite of the doubt that they learned from detwiler/frazier which made villalonas come out pretty quickly that they wont have this problem with 4 big guysin the set as redemption

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
Huffamaniac said:
I would sell it then

jbone17 said:
1. no
2. kinda
3. investment good? bad?
4. no
5. no

+1 on this you can sell now recoup the money you spent on the box and then some and go buy something of someone who you do collect or who you feel has a higher potential. Rember there was a met infield prospect who was supposed to be the next best thing and when he got to the Show he was good but his potential was never realized. that was Rey Ordonez.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
You have to ask yourself this:

What motivation does topps have to get this card to you?

They have none, you have already bought the product, they know even if they screw you, you will come
back and buy more. They aren't worried about losing anyone on this product. If the guy happens to sign
then sure you will get your card, but topps doesn't have this card on the top of their list. They have
hundreds of redemptions still out that have not been signed. They will wait it out as long as they have to.
During that time a few things could happen:

1) This guy could get really hot and suddenly it becomes too difficult to get him to sign and topps just gives
you a random orange refractor.

2) You become inpatient, ask topps what is up, they say no dice on the redemption and send you someone else
and close the deal.

3) After 12-15 weeks he signs and you get your card.

The first two scenerios are reality. If #3 happens, you have to ask yourself...will this card be just as hot as it
is now, in 4 months, when there are other hot products out? Im guessing probably not.

I would bite the bullet and admit you had some bad luck getting a redemption and sell it. It just isn't worth the
chance, and you probably are never going to get the price you can now for it, save if the guy makes the majors
and blows it up...and what are the chances of that?

Good Luck
Kevin

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Casebusters said:
sportscardtheory said:
jbone17 said:
Get the redemption graded? :lol:

Yeah, I was just kidding obviously... but wouldn't it be funny if they would?

which is possible because you don't have to send that card in...
The code is on the back and is visible to see...

Paul

lol... for the all-out Flores collector, a 1/1 spent redemption card for a superfractor might actually sell. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts