Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First pickup in 5 months: IMO, the best looking 19th c. card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I never picked this up when I was working on the N162 set because I could never find a nice lower grade example with good eye appeal

IMO, the nicest looking color card from the 1800's. Vibrant color with back damage (which I don't care about)

without further adieu, my return to vintage:
photo.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Could you imagine the manager hitting on a woman? "Hey, wanna see Mr. Glasscock? Oh and after the game, I'll let you meet Jack."

Nice card :)

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
amazing card! One day I will start to pick up some vintage myself....I just feel like I have too many projects that I can't fund already ::facepalm::

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
$600

Usually sells for more than the other non HOFers because it's the only action pose on the set. I tried to purchase a Psa 4 a few years back but the seller wanted $2200... Way too much

My next one will be an SGC 40 Anson. I think I'm gonna restart this set. Already have 13/50, including the Beecher (first ever football card) that I paid $5k for last year

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
I never picked this up when I was working on the N162 set because I could never find a nice lower grade example with good eye appeal

IMO, the nicest looking color card from the 1800's. Vibrant color with back damage (which I don't care about)

photo.jpg
Is it odd that the Glasscock N162 was the first card that came to mind when I read the title???

Awesome card, I'm very jealous! [Hope to own that card someday ;) ]

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
JoshHamilton said:

photo.jpg

That is one great pick up, one of my favorite prewar sets. I have one, this card was my Whale at the time....like to pick up a Cap Anson one of these Days, Love the colors on this Set...

1988kigk.jpg

Members online