Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PHILLIES DID IT! GREAT SIGNING! WAY TO GO AMARO!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
phillyfan0417 said:
moxacaine said:
:lol:

Im sorry but its funny. Especially for the amount he will be getting.

This is basically a 2.5 million dollar deal that COULD go up to 7.5 million if he reaches incentives he could only reach as a starter.

2.5 is a good price for a bullpen arm.

It is a good price for a bullpen arm. Just not Parks arm. He has not been good for quite some time now.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
phillyfan0417 said:
moxacaine said:

This is basically a 2.5 million dollar deal that COULD go up to 7.5 million if he reaches incentives he could only reach as a starter.

But Park has been owned in the NL East by everybody He is kinda like Jorge Sosa Sick when he is on and a Grand slam waiting to happen the other 95% of the time. you did get him for Cheap though.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
moxacaine said:
phillyfan0417 said:
moxacaine said:

It is a good price for a bullpen arm. Just not Parks arm. He has not been good for quite some time now.

If he repeats his '08 season, its a good price.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
phillyfan0417 said:
moxacaine said:

Are you sure? How do you know that the incentives are totally based on being a starter?

Park is DONE. Park is WORTHLESS. TO pick him up, and then to tell him he's going to compete for a starter's spot, and pay him $2.5 million, is a freaking joke. Especially when you cry poor and can't sign Burrell but sign a guy older than him to play LF, who arguably plays BETTER defense than Ibanez, and who would have signed at around the same price, if not cheaper.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I can not see Park doing well in that ballpark. At any $$$ amonut it was a bad move. Brutal, Terrible, F

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jeff N. said:
phillyfan0417 said:
moxacaine said:

Are you sure? How do you know that the incentives are totally based on being a starter?

Park is DONE. Park is WORTHLESS. TO pick him up, and then to tell him he's going to compete for a starter's spot, and pay him $2.5 million, is a freaking joke. Especially when you cry poor and can't sign Burrell but sign a guy older than him to play LF, who arguably plays BETTER defense than Ibanez, and who would have signed at around the same price, if not cheaper.

Park was a pretty good arm for the dodgers last year and if he repeats those numbers, is much better for 2.5 million than rudy seanez.

I'm only going by what a friend of mine in the philly area said, those incentives would need him to be a starter to reach.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
DaleMurphyCollector said:
Dude, at least your team is signing people. The Braves are currently staring at a AAA rotation led by Javier Vasquez!

All I wanted was two signings. The rest of the free agent market could have passed us by and I would have been content. Pat and Jaime. That's it. That' sall I wanted. Two girls names signed to Phillies contracts.

...sigh...

Members online

Latest posts