Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here a fan of the GBL (Golden Baseball League)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
mudflap02 said:
You're Canadian. That explains so much.

:lol: :lol:

People can be fans of independent leagues as well. Yeah 95% of these guys wont sniff the majors, but theyre still pros and its actually pretty entertaining Baseball. Its also pretty cool to see a few of these guys work their way up into an affiliate roster, like the recent ROY of GBL just did with the Boston Red Sox organization. And if your thinking this is an all Canadian league or something your wrong, the majority of the teams are from California and Arizona. I was just interested to see if anyone that has a team locally follows them.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I wasn't really talking about the GBL. Just in a general sort of way. Your username, your enormous sig that would drive ANY 14 year old bonkers, etc. I just saw that you were from Calgary and it all came together for me, like a perfect storm.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
mudflap02 said:
I wasn't really talking about the GBL. Just in a general sort of way. Your username, your enormous sig that would drive ANY 14 year old bonkers, etc. I just saw that you were from Calgary and it all came together for me, like a perfect storm.
::facepalm::

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
But to answer your post, I checked the wikipedia and it definitely reminded me of the Rickey Henderson comeback with the Long Beach Armada. Good to see that the league is still in business, even without Rickey or Jose Canseco. Not sure if minor league baseball is really something you can succesfully compete with from a business standpoint, because I can only think of a couple of minor league franshises that seem to be big attractions, ie Durham. Even if you own the most successful minor league, it's like driving the best Ford Pinto.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
A team from Mexico (Tijuana) was supposed to play this season but at the last moment it didn't happen. Also I was hopping to attend a game of the Tucson Toros but they were on the road when I was on town.
Maybe next year :(

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
LOL, fair warning, many of the prospectors on this board seem to think differently, if not opposite.

mudflap02 said:
...Even if you own the most successful minor league, it's like driving the best Ford Pinto.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
53313883.jpg

I think the GBL is awesome! They offered Rickey a cool million if he would wear a Dawgs cap into the HOF! :lol:

Members online