Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just for kicks--I ordered ten baseballs from Upper Deck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Now that I have your attention, let me clarify: I hve been registering the points with the codes on the back of the cards since they started it. I know, anal, it's for kids, why bother, etc, etc, but it's OCD in action. I get it from my kids. Anyway, I was filling in some points from the stuff I bought over the weekend (see Box Break page for the hilites) and as I was looking over the prize list, this one caugt my eye. For a mere 2000 points, you can order an authentic game-used MLB baseball. They will have an authentification number, so you can look up what game your ball was used in. I'm sittin' here with well over 200,000 points, so why not? They don't have any decent product to order with points anyway. So the order has been placed today, and we'll see how long it takes to get here, what condition they are in, how are they packaged, yada, yada, yada. I'll keep everybody posted.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
horriblemotivatorballsvq8.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
moxacaine said:
What are these points from? Sorry i dont buy UD so im not aware of this promotion.

Hope you get some nice balls.

They started this about 3 years ago, across all their products. There's a little box on the back of each card with an alphanumeric code. At Upper Deck Kids dot com, you can register, and enter the codes. Each code has a point value, and you add them up to redeem them for stuff. At one point early in the deal, a Griffey Jr. auto'ed baseball could be had for 500,000 points. They have a bunch of other worthless stuff available that may be of interest to 10-11 year olds (which the website is aimed at, but it must be loaded with old farts like me, who use their kids birthday to be able to participate.) The promotion is set to end in 2009, so I might as well spend my points on something, and ten baseballs is as good as anyhting else I've seen on there. (that I can buy.)

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Greg Cleveland said:
moxacaine said:
What are these points from? Sorry i dont buy UD so im not aware of this promotion.

Hope you get some nice balls.

They started this about 3 years ago, across all their products. There's a little box on the back of each card with an alphanumeric code. At Upper Deck Kids dot com, you can register, and enter the codes. Each code has a point value, and you add them up to redeem them for stuff. At one point early in the deal, a Griffey Jr. auto'ed baseball could be had for 500,000 points. They have a bunch of other worthless stuff available that may be of interest to 10-11 year olds (which the website is aimed at, but it must be loaded with old farts like me, who use their kids birthday to be able to participate.) The promotion is set to end in 2009, so I might as well spend my points on something, and ten baseballs is as good as anyhting else I've seen on there. (that I can buy.)

thanks! but if you have 200,000 points and game used baseballs were only 2000 a peice why not get more if there is nothing else worthwhile getting?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Greg Cleveland said:
Well, they say new prizes added each week, so I'm curious to see what comes up. And ten was just an arbitrary number I typed in to see if it would go through, or if they would limit it to 5 an order or whatever.

oh ok. thanks for the response.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
if you get any yankees and want to move em please pm me. best of luck get a nice ball from your favorite team!

Greg Cleveland said:
Now that I have your attention, let me clarify: I hve been registering the points with the codes on the back of the cards since they started it. I know, anal, it's for kids, why bother, etc, etc, but it's OCD in action. I get it from my kids. Anyway, I was filling in some points from the stuff I bought over the weekend (see Box Break page for the hilites) and as I was looking over the prize list, this one caugt my eye. For a mere 2000 points, you can order an authentic game-used MLB baseball. They will have an authentification number, so you can look up what game your ball was used in. I'm sittin' here with well over 200,000 points, so why not? They don't have any decent product to order with points anyway. So the order has been placed today, and we'll see how long it takes to get here, what condition they are in, how are they packaged, yada, yada, yada. I'll keep everybody posted.

I just checked my account. I remember when it started my daughter entering all the cards in. Then she got bored and it ended there. I logged in now and it said it was for kids under 17. When I first registered I used my info as I would not put my kids info out there. They said any points accumulated by an adult and not claimed by the deadline (2007?) would be turned into UD Reward points (useless). :cry: So we lost all our points. :evil: I know we would have enough for a few baseballs at least. BTW I checked and it is showing the balls for 20,000 points not 2,000. Maybe its different for each user?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Cool, I just got one. I had around 24,000 left over.

I haven't been on that site in forever.

It was 20,000 for me though.

Hopefully it's from a Cardinal game. :)

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Skorris (CCBC) said:
Cool, I just got one. I had around 24,000 left over.

I haven't been on that site in forever.

It was 20,000 for me though.

Hopefully it's from a Cardinal game. :)

20,000 per ball? Wow, they must have changed it since I ordered. Here's a copy from my e-mail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MLB Game-Used Baseball
SKU: UDK283 10 200000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal: 200000
Tax: 0
Total: 200000

Thank you for your purchase.

Upper Deck Kids Rewards
http://kids.upperdeck.com/rewards/

I had read about their change over in thier requirements. Guess it had to do with too many adults abusing the site in some way. I kept on entering points here and there, but that's about it. I'm really interested in seeing what games I'll get! Mostly though, I don't expect them anytime soon. Guess this means UD won't be making any more GU ball cards.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
http://kids.upperdeck.com/rewards/[/url]

I had read about their change over in thier requirements. Guess it had to do with too many adults abusing the site in some way. I kept on entering points here and there, but that's about it. I'm really interested in seeing what games I'll get! Mostly though, I don't expect them anytime soon. Guess this means UD won't be making any more GU ball cards.[/quote:r0ghdgvk]

Nah... it looks like it was 20,000 for you as well. 200,000 pts for 10 balls.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":3fgvyv2e]Now that I have your attention, let me clarify: I hve been registering the points with the codes on the back of the cards since they started it. I know, anal, it's for kids, why bother, etc, etc, but it's OCD in action. I get it from my kids. Anyway, I was filling in some points from the stuff I bought over the weekend (see Box Break page for the hilites) and as I was looking over the prize list, this one caugt my eye. For a mere 2000 points, you can order an authentic game-used MLB baseball. They will have an authentification number, so you can look up what game your ball was used in. I'm sittin' here with well over 200,000 points, so why not? They don't have any decent product to order with points anyway. So the order has been placed today, and we'll see how long it takes to get here, what condition they are in, how are they packaged, yada, yada, yada. I'll keep everybody posted.

I just checked my account. I remember when it started my daughter entering all the cards in. Then she got bored and it ended there. I logged in now and it said it was for kids under 17. When I first registered I used my info as I would not put my kids info out there. They said any points accumulated by an adult and not claimed by the deadline (2007?) would be turned into UD Reward points (useless). :cry: So we lost all our points. :evil: I know we would have enough for a few baseballs at least. BTW I checked and it is showing the balls for 20,000 points not 2,000. Maybe its different for each user?[/quote:3fgvyv2e]

:shock: :eek: You didnt realize that when the points were converted to UD Rewards points they were just changed over to a more adult type site where you could purchase an insane amount of Auto'ed memorabilia??? I checked out their site for it and they have some great deals, points wise on some sick items. Tons of auto jerseys, footballs, baseballs, basketballs, team photos, and so on. The points arent just used for a discount, you still could have used them on autod memorabilia. Ill take your points if you dont want them!

Members online