Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grenkie wins Cy Young w/ 17 wins does that help Lincecum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Since Grenkie won the Cy Young with 17 wins do you think that helps Lincecum only havinf 15 wins? If Lincecum had a few more wins it wouldn't even be that close to begin with.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I don't think so. Greinke won because he was clearly the best pitcher in the AL, Lincecum is one of three very good candidates in the NL.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
No, both STL pitchers have more wins and Carpenter has a better ERA. Greinke was able to win with fewer wins because of a much better era than Felix and CC.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
Since Grenkie won the Cy Young with 17 wins do you think that helps Lincecum only havinf 15 wins? If Lincecum had a few more wins it wouldn't even be that close to begin with.

Please don't be absurd and compare Grenkie to Lincecum.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
EricInCT said:
kdailey4315 said:

Yeah, you're right it's a big insult to Lincecum but I was just talking from a wins stand point. I can see how you would be so offended.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
kdailey4315 said:
EricInCT said:
kdailey4315 said:

Yeah, you're right it's a big insult to Lincecum but I was just talking from a wins stand point. I can see how you would be so offended.
Ya i dunno. But I have to say, if greinke beats out felix with 16 wins, i think lincecum can beat out wano with 15 wins. Lincecum has more Ks and lower ERA than wano (lower WHIP, opp BAA, shut outs). But he has that 19 wins. If he won 20 i'd say its game over, but who knows?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
darocker80 said:
kdailey4315 said:
EricInCT said:
kdailey4315 said:

Ya i dunno. But I have to say, if greinke beats out felix with 16 wins, i think lincecum can beat out wano with 15 wins. Lincecum has more Ks and lower ERA than wano (lower WHIP, opp BAA, shut outs). But he has that 19 wins. If he won 20 i'd say its game over, but who knows?
But Greinke had an ERA of 1/3 run better than Felix. Linceum's is only .15 better than Wainwright, and .24 WORSE than Carpenters. Only way Lincecum win's is if Carpenter and Wainwright split votes

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
mredsox89 said:
darocker80 said:
kdailey4315 said:
EricInCT said:
kdailey4315 said:

But Greinke had an ERA of 1/3 run better than Felix. Linceum's is only .15 better than Wainwright, and .24 WORSE than Carpenters. Only way Lincecum win's is if Carpenter and Wainwright split votes

+1

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Carpenter with a better ERA, and having more wins should get him the award over Lincecum

mredsox89 said:
No, both STL pitchers have more wins and Carpenter has a better ERA. Greinke was able to win with fewer wins because of a much better era than Felix and CC.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
darocker80 said:
kdailey4315 said:
EricInCT said:
kdailey4315 said:

Sorry guy, 16 Wins is the cutoff. The last time a starting pitcher won a CY with less than 16 wins was Fernando Valenzuela in 1981.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Brett Keith said:
I don't think so. Greinke won because he was clearly the best pitcher in the AL, Lincecum is one of three very good candidates in the NL.

Exactly.

Greinke was by far the most impressive pitcher all season long. Lincecum had a great year but he was not on Greinke's level...no one was.

Members online