Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1969 Washington Senators Auto Ball (Ted Williams)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Just though I would share this and ask if anyone knew what it would fetch. I am by no means an expert on autographed balls.....

This is a 1969 Washington Senators team autographed ball. Here is the roster for that team:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/WSA/1969.shtml

As you can see it was managed by the great Ted Williams and the team went 86-76 overall. Other notables were Frank Howard (48 HR's that year), Del Unser, Lee Maye, and Ed Brinkman.

This was given to me by a friend of my fathers. Sweetheart of a guy and thought I would appreciate it.

Comments appreciated.

2009-11-19001400.jpg

2009-11-19001437.jpg

2009-11-19001452.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I have to admit, the Ted auto looks like it's printed, and someone got the rest of the team later on--hence the different colors of ink. I see it has Sears name on it. Can you show a pic of the side w/the label? Would Sears have sold balls with facsimile autos on them back in the 60's?--like if you bought a Ted Williams model bat it would have his facsimile sig on it.

That being said, it is still a cool item. (not trying to poop on your party!)

G

i agree witht he above post. the Ted is pre-printed... so the ball without a legit ted, and on ths ball, i would say $50-$100 would be a fair estimate.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
I agree with Gregs assessment, the Ted looks auto looks printed....Still a really, really neat item to have, thanks for sharing.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
I have to admit, the Ted auto looks like it's printed, and someone got the rest of the team later on--hence the different colors of ink. I see it has Sears name on it. Can you show a pic of the side w/the label? Would Sears have sold balls with facsimile autos on them back in the 60's?--like if you bought a Ted Williams model bat it would have his facsimile sig on it.

That being said, it is still a cool item. (not trying to poop on your party!)

Sears sold all kinds of Ted Williams items back in the day. From fishing rods/reels to Ted Williams tennis rackets.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I guess the more I look at it the more it looks printed. Really tough to tell and there is already another facsimile auto on the other side of the ball.

Hmm....

Members online

Latest posts