Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is your 2009 NFL MVP (so far)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Up to this point who is your 2009 NFL MVP?

I'm leaning toward Peyton Manning or Brett Favre. Manning is having his usual year....hard to debate his performance. But, I don't think anyone expected Brett Favre to be doing this well; 17 TD, 3 interceptions. Plus, he has helped in the emergence of Sidney Rice as a competent receiver.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Favre.

Even though he's on a losing team, CJ is having a spectacular year. I htink if the Titans were winning more, he'd be in the talks.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
lisu said:
Drew Brees

I'm a ridiculous homer but even as a Saints fan I can't say it's Drew. He had god like stats for us last year and look how we finished out. If anyone on the Saints organization could be the MVP it would be Gregg Williams. If I had to pick a player it would be Darren Sharper. Both of those have made more impact on our current record than Drew has, but with that said, without Brees we would be closer to 1-8.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Brees would be higher on my list if his interception total hadn't picked up over the last few games.

Right for me:

1. Favre
2. Manning (very close behind Favre)
3. Brees
4. Johnson

lumm0x said:
lisu said:
Drew Brees

I'm a ridiculous homer but even as a Saints fan I can't say it's Drew. He had god like stats for us last year and look how we finished out. If anyone on the Saints organization could be the MVP it would be Gregg Williams. If I had to pick a player it would be Darren Sharper. Both of those have made more impact on our current record than Drew has, but with that said, without Brees we would be closer to 1-8.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
It better be manning he has the same numbers but man he has done with with no run game,rookie wide recievers and an injured

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Peyton has Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and a decent defense.

My vote for Favre is largely due to the sheer surprise of his performance. I wouldn't be surprised if my year-end "vote" goes to Manning though.

Big Mac McGwire said:
ummm There is NO DEBATE.

PEYTON. Favre has pro bowlers all around him. Harvin, The O line and The D line.

Peyton is a 1 man show. the colts have no running game. take him off the colts there prolly winless

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Agreed with you completely. Peyton also has Addai. Besides AP, I don't really see who Favre has. Harvin is a Rookie WR, and what does the D Line have to do with this? They don't make Favre play better.
ffgameman said:
Peyton has Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and a decent defense.

My vote for Favre is largely due to the sheer surprise of his performance. I wouldn't be surprised if my year-end "vote" goes to Manning though.

Big Mac McGwire said:
ummm There is NO DEBATE.

PEYTON. Favre has pro bowlers all around him. Harvin, The O line and The D line.

Peyton is a 1 man show. the colts have no running game. take him off the colts there prolly winless

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Big Mac McGwire said:
ummm There is NO DEBATE.

Holy swollen font Batman! :lol:

Peyton is not just a one man show. He has Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark - two of the best at their respective positions.

I think Favre has been laregly responsible for the emergence of Harvin. Harvin would have been good, but I think Favre brought that out sooner. He also took Sidney Rice from a mediocre backup to a solid, reliable WR.

Bigger is better :cool:
FAVRE ;)

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Peyton Manning, but thats too easy. Favre has too many pieces in place in MN, including the fact that they won two extra games on sheer ******* luck. I say Manning is leading an undefeated team and lighting it up. Thats all it takes.

Johnson should be in consideration though.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Especially if he continues on pace for 2000 yards.

Being on a losing team tremendously hurts his chances though..

Gellman said:
Peyton Manning, but thats too easy. Favre has too many pieces in place in MN, including the fact that they won two extra games on sheer fracking luck. I say Manning is leading an undefeated team and lighting it up. Thats all it takes.

Johnson should be in consideration though.

Members online

Latest posts