Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any PSA members around? membership question(s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I am thinking about signing up for a year. i like the SMR and ive been bugged about what
i want for xmas lol

Pros and cons please?

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
I have been a PSA member for years and am happy with it.

Pros: Free submission vouchers when you join (depending on what level you join), access to the population reports, and the ability to submit cards for grading.

Cons: The cost to join.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Also...

Silver Membership seems pretty useless

Gold vs Platinum comes down to 6 vs 16 slab vouchers, if im reading it correctly

The thing is, you must use all the vouchers at once, correct?

do the vouchers cover return postage/insurance/etc?

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Agreed. No cons if you are someone who will be submitting cards to PSA for grading. If you're not slabbing cards then probably not worth it. SMR has come a ways and is actually an enjoyable read. More articles and more pictures in each issue. Only problem is you have to renew and pay again when your membership expires. But by then you will have a better idea if it is worth it for you.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
You do have to use all of the free gradings at once- but they can be for different types of cards/different submission sheets but you just have to send them all in on the same order. If I recall correctly you do have to pay for the return postage on your free submission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Shipping is always on you.

I have been a member of PSA for over a decade, for me as a set collector it is handy plus cards I want to slab/flip.

If you have the money do the Platinum, 2 year membership but more free grades.

Monthly special always come in handy

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
ThoseBackPages said:
Also...

Silver Membership seems pretty useless

Gold vs Platinum comes down to 6 vs 16 slab vouchers, if im reading it correctly

The thing is, you must use all the vouchers at once, correct?

do the vouchers cover return postage/insurance/etc?

If Recall correctly you do have to use the vouchers all at once on the same submission. You are responsible for shipping & insurance there and back. The submission form will give you those rates, and they're really not that bad so long as you are grading more then 1 card at a time.

I just started last November, and I'm about to renew my membership again. Just hope I can utelize it more this year

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
George_Calfas said:

I have been a member of PSA for over a decade, for me as a set collector it is handy plus cards I want to slab/flip.

Platinum is only for one year, according to the website.

i'll have to think about it. it would be a nice xmas gift i suppose, no?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
ThoseBackPages said:
George_Calfas said:

Platinum is only for one year, according to the website.

i'll have to think about it. it would be a nice xmas gift i suppose, no?

I think that is a typo, I would email them to ask. It has always been a 2 year membership. If it is only 1 year it is not worth it since specials will run that make the Gold membership better. I am almost positive that is just an editing error.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
ThoseBackPages said:
Sadly, PSA has confirmed that all memberships are now only one year at all levels.

Wow, sucks for me I guess I renewed under the old 2-year plan just prior to them making the changes.

I guess they want to lure you in with the extra free gradings

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
It all depends on how you like their grading and whether or not you will use the specials. Frankly, their grading is too expensive to use without the specials, especially when combined with the membership fees. I was a member for years and finally became dissatisfied with their prices and turnaround time inconsistencies. I much prefer BGS/BVG.

Members online