Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone stocking up for when things pick back up? Longterm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not talking the cyclical aspect of the prospecting seasons etc. but rather a couple of years.

Economy is down, card market is generally in the toilet. Is anyone stockpiling some things for say a few years down the road if/when things are a little brighter? What are you buying?

Most of my buying was fueled by selling, I'm selling very little so I'm buying next to nothing and don't particularly plan to. I'm not looking for your secret recipe.

Or, are some of the prices we see a bit more in line with what they should be. The economy was booming and prospecting went from a small group making good money to a large group trying to make good money.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Guys I am looking for are scarce, economy is doing just fine I guess.

And when they do pop up, people want gold prices for blue and say they will wait and relist if it doesn't sell. I told them to save themselves some listing fees because people are looking for deals not paying double.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
oh yeah. can't sell much for decent price so put most of my stuff on lockdown. selling football and basketball to some extent, but even that is hard to do.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I started buying Alex Rodriguez SP Foil RC. Like him or not, this card along with others of his have dropped a lot because of the steroid scandel. I feel as he approaches Bonds HR record it could really see a big spike in prices.

I did sell a few during his great playoff run, but I still a bunch and continue to monitor them in hopes of getting one at a nice price.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
It seems to me that higher-end HOF autos haven't come down in price.

The stuff that I've been selling to save up for said autos has, and that sucks.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
If longterm, you are talking PC, then yes.
I'm looking to move all my tradebait stuff and focus primarily on my PC's.
Ripkens and nice O's stuff.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I agree, the highest end stuff with autos and patches seems about the same as it always has been. But now there are many more extravagant BINs on this highest end stuff too. Certainly a buyer's market out there and should be for a long while.

Mighty Bombjack said:
It seems to me that higher-end HOF autos haven't come down in price.

The stuff that I've been selling to save up for said autos has, and that sucks.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
If longterm, you are talking PC, then yes.
I'm looking to move all my tradebait stuff and focus primarily on my PC's.
Ripkens and nice O's stuff.
Long term I mean in a year or two or three or whenever prices hypothetically recover. Buying up inventory now to sell down the road.

From what I've read lately on these boards, now is a great time for PC stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts