Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hellickson up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
In the paper this morning that Tampa picked up Jeremy's contract. Granted this may only mean he has an invite to Spring Training, but....

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I just got off the phone with Jeremy's grandma; she said he is on the 40-man roster, is invited to Spring Training, and gets a nice pay increase.

He can earn a spot on the Opening Day roster, but it is planned that he won't be on the roster then.

Grandma also said that both Jeremy and Desmond Jennings (I think that is who she said) are expected to be called up at some point barring unforseen issues.

I also got Jeremy's new number, so I may be calling him later.

This is awesome news!

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
This was expected for some time. He needed to be added to the 40-man roster to be protected in the Rule 5 draft. I believe today is the last day to set the rosters prior to the draft, so there should be quite a few more prominent prospects being added to their teams' 40 man across baseball.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I am the assistant athletic director at Jeremy's high school. The best thing about him is his modesty. He feels uneasy with all the attention he gets. Great kid all around.

Mudcatsfan said:
Don't anyone feel guilty.

You can make trades on this info, its public too :)

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/news/press ... sp&c_id=tb

Congrats to Jeremy, that's very cool that you know him, were you friends as youngsters or something?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
subject to change said:
This was expected for some time. He needed to be added to the 40-man roster to be protected in the Rule 5 draft. I believe today is the last day to set the rosters prior to the draft, so there should be quite a few more prominent prospects being added to their teams' 40 man across baseball.
Yep.

The Orioles added six players to their 40-man roster on Wednesday -- right-handers Brandon Erbe and Luis Lebron, and infielders Josh Bell, Pedro Florimon, Rhyne Hughes and Brandon Snyder.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
rob167 said:
I am the assistant athletic director at Jeremy's high school. The best thing about him is his modesty. He feels uneasy with all the attention he gets. Great kid all around.

Mudcatsfan said:
Don't anyone feel guilty.

You can make trades on this info, its public too :)

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/news/press ... sp&c_id=tb

Congrats to Jeremy, that's very cool that you know him, were you friends as youngsters or something?

Very cool that you get to follow a kids progress from youngster to super star, I hope Jeremy does great next year,

Members online