Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***UPDATE***My NEW Favorite Troy Polamalu Patch Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
Just won this last week on eBay. I wanted to own it but never thought it would fall in my price range.

polamalu1of1.jpg

Looks like parts of the "A" and "L" from his nameplate. Card is in VERY good shape with minimal chipping on the foilboard and no creases around the jersey window.

I'm stoked!

B

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
Re: My NEW Favorite Troy Polamalu Patch Card w/Scan Inside! 1/1!

The back of the card states that it was worn/used in an official NFL game. Pretty cool! Thanks for the comments!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

Piratesfan1418 said:
The back of the card states that it was worn/used in an official NFL game. Pretty cool! Thanks for the comments!
That makes it even better!

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY

man thats a sweet patch and if you got it for a price your happy with that makes it even better. congrats

SKYWALKER

Aug 7, 2008
WILDCAT COUNTRY

Piratesfan1418 said:
Just won this last week on eBay. I wanted to own it but never thought it would fall in my price range.

polamalu1of1.jpg

Looks like parts of the "A" and "L" from his nameplate. Card is in VERY good shape with minimal chipping on the foilboard and no creases around the jersey window.

I'm stoked!

B

That card takes your breath away. VERY NICE

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008

Thanks for all the comments! This is definitely my favorite non-rookie card!

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008

Edit- I decided there's a good chance I'm wrong.

It's a sweet patch, and I hope it's real, but you might want to entertain the idea that it might not be. Check out Ebay #360206640964; it's some guy with a scan of what looks like the same card, but with a different patch. According to Beckett's checklist there's only one card serial numbered 1/1 of Polamalu from the set, and I'm inclined to believe the other guy's card is real. The weird thing is that it looks like the serial numbers on each card are in different places, so it seems like two different cards. However, if they made 2 1/1s from the same set, why did they use swatches from two different jerseys? Usually they use one jersey of a player to make all the parallels of that player from one set.

The first thing that struck me is that while looking at his feedback you can see almost all the auctions are private. Another thing is that the seller has sold a lot of Topps Rookie Premiere autos, which come up in quantity by sellers that also sell fake patches and autos. This guy has sold six 2008-09 basketball red ink autos (supposedly SP'ed to 10) of some of the top players from that set. He's also sold a couple of Pujols buyback autos that don't look like his real sig.

If you want to disregard this post, than that's up to you. It's just an opinion and nothing more. I just think you should take a look at some of the other cards this seller has sold.

Cards sold by kmjsortingkings2009

This Griffey auto is also laughable.
2009-11-10KenGriffeyJr.jpg

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009

mrwhitesox30 said:
It's a sweet patch, and I hope it's real, but you might want to entertain the idea that it might not be. Check out Ebay #360206640964; it's some guy with a scan of what looks like the same card, but with a different patch.

They are definately not the same card. No clue if its real or not, but the seller does look shady.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009

Card is different. The 1/1 stamp is not exact and was proven a different card on oanother board. They did do promo cards with patches from that set that were distributed at the Nationals

BTW Mrwhitesox that suspected list of sellers may be valid on a couple but laughable on most Exquisite and Sp authentics. You seem out of touch with the football market.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008

I am not 100% sure it is legit, but romosays was wrong with his auction. Yours is a show card, notice the stamping on the Steelers logo on the front of the card. It was originally issued in a BGS holder and there were tons with real nice patches this year in those holders. I personally would not have cracked it out since it proved authenticity, but there are those who do not like having BGS slabs.

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008

I just e-mailed the seller looking for some background on this card. Barely evident in the scan, there is a stamp at the bottom of the card that says Donruss Playoff Special Edition that leads me to believe that it was a give away and not pack pulled.

I'll keep you all posted.

B

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008

Brad said:
I am not 100% sure it is legit, but romosays was wrong with his auction. Yours is a show card, notice the stamping on the Steelers logo on the front of the card. It was originally issued in a BGS holder and there were tons with real nice patches this year in those holders. I personally would not have cracked it out since it proved authenticity, but there are those who do not like having BGS slabs.

any idea if BGS would authenticate again?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008

Piratesfan1418 said:
Brad said:

any idea if BGS would authenticate again?

They probably would authenticate the card, but the way they were issued was just a special flip similar to RAZOR's cuts where they simply used BGS slabbing.

I cannot find any from the set I believe yours was in, but this is how RAZOR did theirs. Notice, it just says the cards info and nothing about authentic or anything like that

!Bf,M4DwB2k~$(KGrHqEOKkEEryOirg9-BLBIhHZOPw~~_12.jpg
!Bf,M5TwBWk~$(KGrHqYOKkYErzqoyGBTBLBIhMO6cQ~~_12.jpg

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008

Any idea if the authentication process would check for alterations? Like I said, the card does not look to be damaged in any way. Are patch fakers that good?

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009

BGS has sent back known good cards so not really worth it. It took letters from Donruss and UD for them to autheticate it. This is why in the newer releases at events they give them away slabbed so no debate.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008

Fake patch cards with proof

There was a thread on the baseball board about this seller, and someone posted this link to another board that contains proof that a few of the cards are fake. There's no Polamalu, but it still makes me not want to purchase from this seller.

Members online

Latest posts