Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ruben - yer killin' me. MOYER TO RESIGN 2/15M

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Ten Year free pass Jeff, live with it ;)

I have to agree with this.

However I would rather see them just try some prospects instead. 2/15 isn't that bad in comparison to other guys. I feel it certainly takes them out of the Lowe market.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
ryanhoward06 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Ten Year free pass Jeff, live with it ;)

I have to agree with this.

However I would rather see them just try some prospects instead. 2/15 isn't that bad in comparison to other guys. I feel it certainly takes them out of the Lowe market.

Ibanez took them out of the Lowe market.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
As a Mets fan, all I have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lol:

As for your feedback in my 8-year-old card suggestions thread, much appreciated, good to get info from someone who knows first hand!

John

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
JEA2880 said:

As for your feedback in my 8-year-old card suggestions thread, much appreciated, good to get info from someone who knows first hand!

John

Why are you laughing? He won as many games as Johan last year.

As for the signing, its not like he can lose more velocity and after the season he just had, he deserves a contract. Also, he seems to have been a great influence on Cole Hamels and is a leader of that pitching staff. I think philly fans are in the mood to sulk since for the third consecutive off season the press is telling them how much better the mets are and the phillies will be lucky to finish third in the division.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
JEA2880 said:

John

Not sure whats funny about it since he had better numbers then Maine, Pelfrey, and Perez last season...

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
JEA2880 said:

John

We have a World Championship in 2008.

What 'bout you?

Oh wait. That's right.

You guys haven't even made the playoffs in the past two years...
img0190jl0.jpg

img0191eb4.jpg

G

I think the Chan Ho Park signing is more of a topic then Moyer,
Moyer,he pitched well for you guys the last few years so why not re-sign him
15 millions seems like a drop in the bucket these days, no matter how old they are.
Why would you get Park?Unless you feel your current starting core can't handle it, Park was for the bullpen, but
will mostly likely be a starter instead.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
I dont care how old he is, if he can pitch, and stay healthy that is all that matters. I would say it was a good move for Philly

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
By the way, do you guys know he negotiates his own contracts?

He hasn't had an agent in several years..

Also, he is very active in the communities and I think he won the Clemente award..

He is good for the team as he tries to pass on his knowledge about his pitching techniques..

I saw an interview where he takes the strike zone and he breaks it up into little zones.. pretty impressive..

Members online

No members online now.