Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why doesn't ebay do this with cards too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
I was listing a few coins I found stashed away and got this warning:
Are you confident the coin or paper money you are listing is authentic? Are you aware it is against eBay policy to sell fraudulent currency?

eBay reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any coin, paper money, or any numismatic-related item listed if eBay believes the listing is inconsistent with eBay’s goals of promoting the hobby and maintaining a safe trading environment.

eBay strongly recommends that sellers include all relevant information known about the coin or paper money, including any alterations the seller believes may have been made to the item, and include a clear scanned image of the actual item.

Please help us make eBay an even safer place to trade.

Click here for a new window with more information on selling coin and paper money related items on eBay

By clicking the submit button, you are confirming that the item you are about to list is properly described and genuine.

Cards can be as valuable (or more in some cases) as coins and paper money. With all the fake patches and cards out there why can't ebay do this for cards too?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Well they have overall rules against fraudulent items. And if you prove it is fraudulent you will win any claim. So adding a more specified policy for cards won't accomplish much. Also, whenever a card is listed in the autograph category, a screen talking about authenticity comes up before bidding.

Latest posts