Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

To anyone that won a auction yesterday

Do you let the seller off?

• Yes, since it wasn't their fault

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Since ebay was partially disabled, do you let a seller off the hook? I just had a seller send me a message asking to cancel the transaction.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Russ S. said:
Huh? What did I miss?
The search function on ebay was down most of the day unless you knew to use the advanced search you got a error message. To me personally it's dumb to end auctions on friday & saturday but that's JMO, but once again it wasn't the sellers fault that ebay was screwed up.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
This is a tough one. I won 8 items last night, 3 of the auctions I placed bids on well before Saturday. Of the 8, 3 of them I got great deals on, the rest they were OK deals. I probably lost out on over 40 items in which I bid on because I was aware of the issue. Some of the items I lost were from the same sellers I won items off of. Of the 40 about half I lost by $.50-$1.00.

If I decide to let the sellers off the hook, will they be able to retrieve the fees EBAY charged them for the auction? I am wondering if I will not only get the card I won, but not get the Ebucks or Bigcrumbs amounts on the items I won.

What ever happens I will not be leaving a negative. I guess I am not sure if I would leave no feedback or a neutral.

Rickzcards said:
Since ebay was partially disabled, do you let a seller off the hook? I just had a seller send me a message asking to cancel the transaction.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
I wasnt very happy about it, I had several auctions end yesterday. And I have had great success ending auctions on Friday night, people normally get paid on Friday and are more willing to use that money on Friday when they have all of it, rather on Sunday or monday when they have gone through most of their discretionary funds.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I got two really good deals last night as well. Including a sick triple auto /10 for $5. No problems here yet with the sellers.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
chashawk said:
What is the % of people who find an item on the last day of the auction, though?
yeah really how is the seller to know other then if there are watchers.
I had 3 things in my watch list even for a day or 2 2 of the 3 I won but they were bins. :lol:

I did let the other god and it went for what would have been my max bid ::facepalm::

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
The answer the the poll for me depends on how much of a deal you got on the card. If it was a steal, then it seems fair to cancel the auction.

I'm talking to one of my sellers, I plan to send some extra $ to make it less of a steal.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I think I'll cut the seller a break since ebay is taking the stance that they won't do anything for the sellers despite their error.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Rickzcards said:
I think I'll cut the seller a break since ebay is taking the stance that they won't do anything for the sellers despite their error.
Their thinking, well we lost a lot off fees we would have gotten too!
::facepalm::

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I answered no because there was a work around for searching for auctions. I was even being outbid on auctions that had an hour left meaning that they weren't sniped, unless some moron snipes with an hour left.

I would explain to this person that you could in fact search and most people that are interested in will typically snipe the auction. Also anyone watching the auction had instant access to it as well. I think the percentage is rather small these days for people bidding at the very last minute of the auction to drive it up considerably.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
Rickzcards said:

the company will be "issuing full free credits for affected listings."

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Rickzcards said:

Wonder if that's why my Coghlan X Auto only got $30....

Shep :ugeek:

Members online

Latest posts