Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols wins NL MVP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
schmidt20fan says "Crap!"
Ryan Howard wins it because he is > than Pujols. Pujols isn't as clutch as Howard, and is not capable of striking out 13 times in the WS.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Would Matt Kemp be the National League equivalent to Miguel Cabrera if he got a vote? I'm trying to think who else would be that shocking.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
trademhigh said:
kentuckyderby said:
schmidt20fan says "Crap!"
Ryan Howard wins it because he is > than Pujols. Pujols isn't as clutch as Howard, and is not capable of striking out 13 times in the WS.
LOVE YOUR POST!!! :lol:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I remember people getting this hyped up about Bonds' MVP's, we all know how that turned out. Are the
cards going to start running ads on the side of Alberts huge dome? They could probably make some
decent money.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
I remember people getting this hyped up about Bonds' MVP's, we all know how that turned out. Are the
cards going to start running ads on the side of Alberts huge dome? They could probably make some
decent money.
Why would they when they could run ads stating how they are in the same league (NL) as Ryan Howard? I think that that would bring in a lot more revenue.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
decent money.

Word on the street is Philly was going to pay Howard to put a life size picture of the liberty bell across his schnoz...they had to scrap it however when they couldn't figure out what to do with the leftover space. :)

cha cha has a forum for it
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-big- ... wards-nose

facebook has a rally nose fan club- RALLY NOSE hehehehe that is funny
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204741311

Don't be hating on Albert son!

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Whats even better, is that according to the writers, Ryan Howard isnt even 2nd in voting for MVP...LOL, guess Ryan Howard is not as good as previously stated in a really long and ignorant post...

TK

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The fact that Prince came in 4th if ******* RETARDED!

I can see it was basically a push between Fielder and Hanley, based on what you value, what stats are important, etc. But the fact that he finished behind Howard is a ******* joke. Show me one stat where Howard beat out Prince by more than a few; then I'll show you where Prince has 35 more BB, 48 FEWER Ks and was the only other person besides an MVP winner this year with an OPS over 1.000. Plus, he was the only "Ironman" in baseball this year.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
The fact that Prince came in 4th if fracking RETARDED!

I can see it was basically a push between Fielder and Hanley, based on what you value, what stats are important, etc. But the fact that he finished behind Howard is a fracking joke. Show me one stat where Howard beat out Prince by more than a few; then I'll show you where Prince has 35 more BB, 48 FEWER Ks and was the only other person besides an MVP winner this year with an OPS over 1.000. Plus, he was the only "Ironman" in baseball this year.

I actually agree. I see no reason Fielder shouldn't have gotten second.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Sly said:
hive17 said:
The fact that Prince came in 4th if fracking RETARDED!

I can see it was basically a push between Fielder and Hanley, based on what you value, what stats are important, etc. But the fact that he finished behind Howard is a fracking joke. Show me one stat where Howard beat out Prince by more than a few; then I'll show you where Prince has 35 more BB, 48 FEWER Ks and was the only other person besides an MVP winner this year with an OPS over 1.000. Plus, he was the only "Ironman" in baseball this year.

I actually agree. I see no reason Fielder shouldn't have gotten second.

7, I repeat, 7 ballots had him in 8th place or lower. I would LOVE to hear those writer's justification for those votes.

I guess we'll see either a MASSIVE up-tick in Fielder's "antics" next year, or a dramatic drop-off. I have to think that it was his perceived "attitude and respect" problems that weighed on some voter's minds. He's either gonna kiss ass next year, or go off like a big baby; I'm hoping for the later.

Members online

Latest posts