Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it me or...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
are people on ebay desperate to collect payments on auctions? I have received 3 unpaid cases in the last month for items less than $20.00 that I won 3-4 days prior to receiving the dispute in which all these auctions clearly DO NOT state any payment terms. I pay all my auctions on Tuesdays so the max amount time between payment and end of auction is six. I do take into account auctions that clearly state payment terms and I do pay those specfic ones within their terms. I know the cases don't hurt you as long as you pay the auction right away but come on. :evil: Anyone else seen this trend lately?

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
You can't really blame the sellers for wanting their payment. With so many non payers I'm sure most assume that after 4-6 days of no payment and no communication they just have another deadbeat buyer. Obviously you are not but I'm sure that non payers have become a larger issue as of late so they are just simply covering their ends as soon as they can. Honestly I don't know why you can pay some sellers on non tuesdays and not others but that is your business and I'm sure you have your reasons. I'm sure if you messaged the sellers stating that payment will be sent Tuesday then you will avoid any issues.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I think read here on the boards that eBay changed the time to file an NPB down to 3 days from 7. I give buyers 7 days before filing the claim on the 8th day.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
EricChavezCollector3 said:
You can't really blame the sellers for wanting their payment. With so many non payers I'm sure most assume that after 4-6 days of no payment and no communication they just have another deadbeat buyer. Obviously you are not but I'm sure that non payers have become a larger issue as of late so they are just simply covering their ends as soon as they can. Honestly I don't know why you can pay some sellers on non tuesdays and not others but that is your business and I'm sure you have your reasons. I'm sure if you messaged the sellers stating that payment will be sent Tuesday then you will avoid any issues.

I hear where you're coming from, but I assume if an auction does not state any terms its 7 days from auction end. When I sell items and I don't see payment after 5 -6 days, I send a reminder email stating payment is due in a few days. I even had a well known seller send a dispute after 4 days when his auction clearly stated payment within 10 days of auction end. I emailed asking why he filed the case when he had clear terms and his reply was, "I forgot to delete that off my templates, new terms are 3 days". WTF is up with that?!?!?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I have no problem with a seller emailing me asking for payment. I try to make payment ASAP but i usually only snipe so sometimes its a day or so until I can get it out. More sellers are selling to pay for necessities now whereas 1-3 years ago cards were almost completely luxuries. People are selling their older stuff to pay for life

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Ebay is sending out some of those payment requests.
I had an auction that I received payment in what I thought was a timely manner and then looked on my Ebay page and it said I had sent them 3 emails. I only sent the payment invoice. It seems Ebay is doing some of the sellers dirty work by sending a "seller is still waiting for payment email" which is fine until a Buyer gives you low DSR's because they thought that the "seller" was begging for payment.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
It's the e-cominy. People are getting crazy! Could have something to do with Black Friday coming up?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I had two sellers email me asking me to make sure I pay by Sunday night so they could send the item prior to them leaving for the Holiday week. Items were won Saturday night.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
cgilmo said:
eh, I don't care what a person says about payment times

7 days is fine

I normally pay after I win anyway.
I agree with Chris, and sometimes I watse my PP the same day. But OP I have had the samething
happen to me in the last 2 days/ 2 Auctions won and 2 can you pay me now's in like 2-3 after the auctions.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Along with what has already been set - I think the switch to paypal only may have influenced sellers expectations on payments. Instead of having to wait to see how and when payment would be recieved they may now be thinking "all they have to do is click a few buttons".

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I don't care when people pay, as long as I get paid. It could be 2 weeks for all I care as long as you let me know when you are going to pay it's fine.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Reds in 2009 said:
I don't care when people pay, as long as I get paid. It could be 2 weeks for all I care as long as you let me know when you are going to pay it's fine.
Hey I'm paying in 2010 for the auction I just won :lol: I kid, but you know I some what agree with you.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I had some clown send a payment reminder the day after I won the auction, not an invoice...a reminder. Well, it worked as I paid that same day.

Of course, with payment within 24 hours of the close of the auction, the seller showed similar courtesy in waiting 8 days before the item was shipped out.

Oh, and yes, he received a negative simply for the comedy of it all.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Reds in 2009":2a2pibb3]I don't care when people pay, as long as I get paid. It could be 2 weeks for all I care as long as you let me know when you are going to pay it's fine.
Hey I'm paying in 2010 for the auction I just won :lol: I kid, but you know I some what agree with you.[/quote:2a2pibb3]

That reminds me. I had fun with a seller last year around Dec. 27. I won an auction via snipe that I completely forgot that I set (was a 7 day auction). Well, the day after I won (28th) I emailed the seller that I couldn't pay until the following year (got paid on Jan 2) and he completely flipped on me, telling me that I had 7 days, not 365.

I laughed loud and my fiance came in the room and asked what was so funny. I guess I should have worded the message better the first time, but I did reply back stating that I mean I didn't get paid til Jan 2nd.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Most people, buyers and sellers, are impatient pricks. Everyone wants immediate this and immediate that. It's why I rarely shop for anything online anymore. I prefer the old fashioned personal touch of dealing with rude, uneducated sales associates who know little to nothing about the product you're asking about.

It's really a lose/lose no matter how you slice it.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I had some clown send a payment reminder the day after I won the auction, not an invoice...a reminder. Well, it worked as I paid that same day.

Of course, with payment within 24 hours of the close of the auction, the seller showed similar courtesy in waiting 8 days before the item was shipped out.

Good point. I forgot to mention in my opening post that 2 of the seller's items took about two weeks to get to me when they wanted payment right away. ::facepalm::

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
200lbhockeyplayer said:

That a boy.
I would of done the same.
If he's ***** enough to demand immediate payment, he better be damn sure he ships same day or next day!!

Members online

Latest posts