Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball Aces (Playing Cards) autographs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
Has anyone ever pulled one of these? I bought a Greg Maddux off of ebay, and flipped it... now I want one back ::facepalm:: I know they are rare, and I'm wondering if anyone ever pulled one of his, or anyone else from a pack? I'm pretty sure it would qualify as a white whale...

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Moonlight Graham said:
Has anyone ever pulled one of these? I bought a Greg Maddux off of ebay, and flipped it... now I want one back ::facepalm:: I know they are rare, and I'm wondering if anyone ever pulled one of his, or anyone else from a pack? I'm pretty sure it would qualify as a white whale...
I'm almost 100% positive they didn't insert autographed cards in that product. I still have about 20 unopened packs and have yet to hear of any autographed ones inserted but have seen ones that were signed IP.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
There were random autographs of a few players in either the 1993, 1994 or 1995 packs (I don't remember exactly which year). I remember going into an Osco Drug Store back then and seeing packaging mentioning random autos. This might have been a regional issue or test packaging.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Never heard of an auto, but I have the SILVER EDGE ones of Gwynn. They look like normal, unless you look very closely, or if the whole deck is together you will see the metalic silver edges. Anyone else have these?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
gwynn5453l4u said:
Never heard of an auto, but I have the SILVER EDGE ones of Gwynn. They look like normal, unless you look very closely, or if the whole deck is together you will see the metalic silver edges. Anyone else have these?
What year was this? Was it a intentional thing done by the manufacturer and how often could you pull a deck like that?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Rickzcards said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
What year was this? Was it a intentional thing done by the manufacturer and how often could you pull a deck like that?

I don't know anything about the odds, just that I have only seen them once. I have the 1990 US Playing Cards Silver and the 1991 US Playing Cards Silver. They are listed.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Rickzcards said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
I'm not sure about any other year, but the '91 set was available with silver edges (I've got a Butler). Not sure how they were seeded in the shipments.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I was looking thru some cards, and found a Griffey 1994 Baseball Aces playing card, looks like a Silver Egde, I think a member might have sent it a few years back, anyone else have a 1994 silver edge??

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA

MagicPapa: Thank you for taking the time to remember this thread, and for digging up the auction. I have been away from the board for quite a while, as I stopped buy cards when workinggirl444 decided to take a break from Ebay... I stumbled across this thread yesterday when I was trying to find out about allen & Ginter SP's..., I missed the first auction, but bought the same card (#1) yesterday... for $50 more.

I really appreciate your efforts, and this kind of camraderie is what I have always remembered about this board.

Randy Schoenfeldt

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
MagicPapa: Thank you for taking the time to remember this thread, and for digging up the auction. I have been away from the board for quite a while, as I stopped buy cards when workinggirl444 decided to take a break from Ebay... I stumbled across this thread yesterday when I was trying to find out about allen & Ginter SP's..., I missed the first auction, but bought the same card (#1) yesterday... for $50 more.

I really appreciate your efforts, and this kind of camraderie is what I have always remembered about this board.

Randy Schoenfeldt

Thank you for the Kind words , its always my pleasure to try and help My Cardboard Family If and Whenever I can

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That seller from the posted link is a member here(n1astrosfan). Might see if you send a pm and dig up any more info.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Are these from the same set as the ripken jr?

store_display.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts