Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there something mentally wrong with Chris Johnson?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I'm not trying to knock this guy in the least as he is a phenomenal athlete & IMO is right there in the running with AP as the #1 RB in the NFL, but I had the opportunity to watch a live interview with him after the game lastnight (vs. Houston) & he was twitching/convulsing & seemed to have the capacity of an 8-10 year old when answering question's (again, I'm not trying to bash him, I'm only relaying in words what I actually witnessed first hand). Has there been any information about him having any type of illness or possibly being autistic or partially autistic (if so, I think it is rather evident what he is "gifted" with)???

Any info is appreciated as I've searched on google but came up empty-handed. He did put a MAJOR beat down on my Texans lastnight but it was what it was! Take care everyone & may you and your families have a HAPPY & SAFE THANKSGIVING!!!
Dave :D

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
I've read multiple times now that he has a form of Tourrets Syndrome. (sp?) I've even seen auctions of his cards that have had a portion of the sale go to certain Tourrets foundations.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Snyper said:
I've read multiple times now that he has a form of Tourrets Syndrome. (sp?) I've even seen auctions of his cards that have had a portion of the sale go to certain Tourrets foundations.

Oh ok, that would explain the twitch & nod that he had lastnight... I sure hope everything turns out okay for this guy as he seemed (in what I could take from the 3-4 minute interview) as a soft spoken/good individual, it would also be a HUGE shame if his illness were to advance & take away the gift that he has with his extroidinary athletic ability! I hope with medication that he will be able to curve the effects of this as he was something special to watch out there on that field, though next time I'd much prefer to watch him dancing around the field against some other team (not named the Texans....oh how I dread our future match-up's)!!! :x :lol:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Daltonb1219 said:
I noticed the same thing with the Twitch and he said uhh alot

Well, there are a lot of professional and college athletes that have the brain capacity of an 8th grader. I've heard numerous interviews with athletes of different races and they all sounded like either morons or REALLY REALLY nervous. Whether it's saying "uhhhhhh" to "you know what I mean", most of them do it sooner or later.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
mstng99tim said:
Daltonb1219 said:

Well, there are a lot of professional and college athletes that have the brain capacity of an 8th grader. I've heard numerous interviews with athletes of different races and they all sounded like either morons or REALLY REALLY nervous. Whether it's saying "uhhhhhh" to "you know what I mean", most of them do it sooner or later.
Yea that is very true.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
mstng99tim said:
Daltonb1219 said:

We can thank sportsfans for this. Any kid that displays a little bit of talent in any sport gets special treatment. They get a free ride and are catered to. Not all kids, but it's apparent who they are. I didn't see his interview but he could either have a medical condition or is extremely nervous.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Rickzcards said:
We can thank sportsfans for this. Any kid that displays a little bit of talent in any sport gets special treatment. They get a free ride and are catered to. Not all kids, but it's apparent who they are. I didn't see his interview but he could either have a medical condition or is extremely nervous.

That is very true. Last year when Mike Singletary kicked Veron Davis off the field early because of his attitude Veron admitted it was the first time in his life that he was held accountable for his action. He was a grown man that has never heard the word no because he has special abilities.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
He seems a lot more calm and doesnt twitch in this interview so i assume this just happened.

[youtube:2n3cs9v9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9f70HPV5qY[/youtube:2n3cs9v9]

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Daltonb1219 said:
He seems a lot more calm and doesnt twitch in this interview so i assume this just happened.

[youtube:18mnou9n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9f70HPV5qY[/youtube:18mnou9n]
I would say he has medicine that he can't take before a game. So in this interview, he's more under control since he took meds.

Or, maybe the adrenaline from a game just intensifies his condition.

Either way, he is a human monster truck.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I have the interview taped on my DVR but I don't know how to transfer it so I could show you guy's what I was talking about. I can tell you that this is in no way is "nerves" or a nervous tick (he actually comes across as pretty calm & somewhat confident). It may be on Youtube, it's his postgame interview from the Monday night game (I'm not sure if that helps but I figured it may be worth a shot for anyone wondering what I was talking about/describing)...Or if anyone can tell me how to transfer my taped DVR clip to my computer so I can possibly get it here, then LMK? :D (I did take a picture of the screen as I paused my DVR when Vince Young high-fived the referee as soon as the game was over :lol: I think it will serve as my new avatar since I'm bitter & I blame that BS "horse collar" call for the reason the Texans ultimately lost the game! ::facepalm:: :lol: (If you didn't see it, the Titans were backed up on thier own goal-line and they handed it off to Chris Johnson. A Texans defender chased Johnson down & grabbed his shirt about/around the numbers & threw him down...The ref's called a 15-yard "horse-collar" penalty, which IMO killed the Texans defensive stand/opportunity (as it is ALOT easier to defend an offense that is playing with thier backs to thier goal-line than pretty much anywhere else on the field, not to mention there are many more opportunities to make a game-changing play due to the extreme pressure on the QB/RB to get the hell outta that endzone with the ball).....Anyhow, the play wasn't even reviewed at by the officials up in the booth, which it definitely should have been as it was a huge call & an incorrect one at that, which changed the game's tempo/flow & IMO was a huge reason the game ended the way it did (I'm not sure if it was reviewable or not by the officials, but to my understanding the Texans could not throw thier red-flag to challenge the call or to have it reviewed)!

Wow, yet another NOVEL! :shock: :lol:

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
I agree that there are quite a few professional athletes that exhibit surprisingly poor communication skills and the inability to form a sentence or a complete thought. Take Vince Young's post game interview with Michelle Tafoya. He called her "man" about 20 times. Every sentence was to the effect of "it was a great game man", we did what we had to do man", "Houston played real well man".

When you are a blue chip athlete education really becomes a low priority on the part of everyone involved. A lot of players come out of college and you would wonder if they could have passed middle school.

I never saw the Johnson interview being talked about here, but I am sure that communication skills are a challenge for a lot of players.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Guy has touretts for Gods sake. We do not need to see the video. Let it be. I saw the ineterview. Was not anything crazy. Having touretts and bing uncomfotable in front of the camera but sill giving post game interviews is a big plus. Overcoming and being the best back in the league even better.

The horse collar not the reason the Texans lost. How bout stopping the run :)

I smell an agenda/bitterness with the thread in general :) The last response by houstonteams let the cat out of the bag

BTW :grouphug: just busting your stones

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
wheeler281 said:
Guy has touretts for Gods sake. We do not need to see the video. Let it be. I saw the ineterview. Was not anything crazy. Having touretts and bing uncomfotable in front of the camera but sill giving post game interviews is a big plus. Overcoming and being the best back in the league even better.

I smell an agenda/bitterness with the thread in general :) The last response by houstonteams let the cat out of the bag

:lol: You arse, making me sound like a touretts-hater :? ... I honestly was just curious to see if this guy was as good as he is, on top of having some type of disability (as that would be even more spectacular, given that he's overcome his disability & can still produce in a fashion that has him leading the NFL in rushing)!
As for the Texans stopping the run :| you can look at the rushing yards by CJ & tell that it didn't happen (though there were many occassion's they stuffed C.Johnson, the only problem was that when he busted through & made a run he did so for huge chunks at a time)! The horse-collar was huge, & yes I am a little bitter (I'll be downloading the screen-shot I took of V.Young "high-fiving" the referee right after they won, as a demonstration of the Titans paying off the ref's to win the game :lol: )...

PS- anyone know how to alter pictures online (I'm lost when it comes to computer's) as I'd like to put an image of a roll of cash in V.Young's hand to make it look like he was high-fiving it over to the ref (smoothly paying the ref off)?!?! :lol:

(BTW, this post intially had nothing to do with the loss the Texans sufferred to the Titans, as I'd NEVER use someone's disability/mental-illness in a smear campaign...that's not the type of person I am...Though I will say that Vince Young didn't look anything like the suicidal poor-pity-baby when he was running all over the Texans :shock: :lol: I kid, I kid). :grouphug: :D

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
As for the bad horse-collar call the refs also missed a tripping penalty against the Texans.

Many athletes don't display good "education" as others have said before. What about BJ Raji who used the wrong version of "Soar" when making an inscription that meant to say "Soar Eagles"? It's not an isolated thing.

HoustonTeams4Me said:
wheeler281 said:

:lol: You arse, making me sound like a touretts-hater :? ... I honestly was just curious to see if this guy was as good as he is, on top of having some type of disability (as that would be even more spectacular, given that he's overcome his disability & can still produce in a fashion that has him leading the NFL in rushing)!
As for the Texans stopping the run :| you can look at the rushing yards by CJ & tell that it didn't happen (though there were many occassion's they stuffed C.Johnson, the only problem was that when he busted through & made a run he did so for huge chunks at a time)! The horse-collar was huge, & yes I am a little bitter (I'll be downloading the screen-shot I took of V.Young "high-fiving" the referee right after they won, as a demonstration of the Titans paying off the ref's to win the game :lol: )...

PS- anyone know how to alter pictures online (I'm lost when it comes to computer's) as I'd like to put an image of a roll of cash in V.Young's hand to make it look like he was high-fiving it over to the ref (smoothly paying the ref off)?!?! :lol:

(BTW, this post intially had nothing to do with the loss the Texans sufferred to the Titans, as I'd NEVER use someone's disability/mental-illness in a smear campaign...that's not the type of person I am...Though I will say that Vince Young didn't look anything like the suicidal poor-pity-baby when he was running all over the Texans :shock: :lol: I kid, I kid). :grouphug: :D

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
HoustonTeams4Me said:
wheeler281 said:

:D I thought you would like that :D :twisted: :twisted:

Members online

Latest posts