Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: When would you end a "hot" toy auction? Black Friday?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Just curious to get opinions... Do you think it would be a good idea to end an auction for one of the hotter and harder to find toys of the season on Black Friday, in the afternoon or evening? The reason I ask this is because I'm wondering if people go to the stores, realize they can't get it, go home and see if they can get it on ebay, they'll impulse bid...

This is a toy you cannot buy from online toy sellers because they're sold out.

If not ending it on Black Friday, suggestions? Saturday, Sunday? Hold 'til closer to Christmas (I worry about this option because there's a possibility of more shipments, I would think)?

Thanks!

And if this should be posted elsewhere, sorry!

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I honestly would wait a week before christmas and charge for next day shipping.

Or put it up with a best offer/BIN and see who bites.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
The last weekend before Christmas is actually when the most money is spent in retail stores. Everyone is waiting til the last minute to buy things. So I would say a couple weeks before Christmas, just so people know it will arrive in time.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
It's not the Hamster thing, it's a more expensive thing. Retail is around $100 and they're going for about 150-160 on ebay right now.

It's rather large, so next day shipping would be about $70. That woudl be prohibitive for some people, I would think.

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
I have (3) sets of the collector 3 pack of zhu zhu's. Spent $105 delivered for all three. One set is selling for that now. I listed all 3 of my auctions to end this Friday/mid morning. I'm hoping to cash in.

Members online

Latest posts