Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Biggest NFL Controversey in Decades Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Vince Young and the referee did not "high five" according to the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... high-five/

After the Tennessee Titans beat the Houston Texans on Monday night, Titans quarterback Vince Young appeared to exchange a high five with referee Jerome Boger.

The league says that's not what happened.

After the apparent high five became a topic of conversation on sports talk radio and on ESPN, the Houston Chronicle called the league to ask about it. And the league said there was no high five.

"It was not Jerome Boger's intent to exchange a high-five with the player," a league spokesman told the paper. "As Vince Young took a knee on the game's final play, Jerome Boger jogged in with his right arm in the air to signify the play was over. That is the proper administrative signal for the referee.

"As Young turned around, he saw Boger approaching the line of scrimmage with his arm raised. As Boger moved toward the line of scrimmage, he started to bring his arm down. However, before he lowered his arm, Young, moving towards the referee, raised his own arm and the two exchanged what appeared to be a quick high-five."

So just because their hands were raised and their palms made contact, that does not constitute, in the official opinion of the NFL, a high five.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Not that I give a rats behind but I actually tevo'd this game and I may have to go back and watch it again.If I remember correctly...it was almost like he raised his hand as Vince came by.I don't recall him running around like that.Maybe my memory is failing me but its almost like Vince had HIS hand up and the Ref gave him a high five.Not the other way around.I'll have to go back and watch.In any case...I don't think its a big deal.I doubt the refs influenced this game one bit.Kris Brown was the unfortunate deciding factor.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Horrible quality, but it's all I found on YouTube atm. I'm not worried one bit about the refs being under VY's thumb or anything, it's just a funny event.

[youtube:k5kd0yhx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2t5ppaRy7c[/youtube:k5kd0yhx]

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
So this is the leagues version of "it's not what it looks like honey". Either way I don't think the refs factored into the game.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I thought it sort of funny when i watched it the other night.

But, if everyone's a gentleman, it actually makes sense to shake the refs hand after the game. You exchange pleasantries with the other team, and the refs.

Or the blacks are conspiring as a race to dominate pro-football. I hear they have secret meetings. I also hear that they told McNabb to act ignorant to lull the white man to sleep. Justice Alan Page heads the meetings and provides legal advice to the secret *****-league of gentlemen.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
pigskincardboard said:
Or the blacks are conspiring as a race to dominate pro-football. I hear they have secret meetings. I also hear that they told McNabb to act ignorant to lull the white man to sleep. Justice Alan Page heads the meetings and provides legal advice to the secret *****-league of gentlemen.
::facepalm::

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts