Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pulled my first orange refractor auto today....... Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaymix79

Aug 10, 2008
Does anyone know if Topps replaces off centered cards?

Thanks
JM

Lonnieorangea.jpg

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I don't know the answer to your question, but ouch on the centering! I hope they can find a replacement for that card since it is /25. Good luck!

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
it's not that bad. not good but not terrible. check out my heyward i pulled lol

jaymix79

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks everyone, I sent an email to Topps with a scan so we shall see what they say.

JM

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I got the same problem here:
0012130002.jpg

My dad has been in the printing/bindery business for over 30 years, and he can't figure out why this keeps happening either, unless of course, it's intentional. I worked with him for about a year, and we'd have to cut similar things (calenders, books, flashcards, etc) to a very accurate 0.001th of an inch centered.

no doubt they could do a better job, but they've had years of complaints so I'm thinking they don't care too much. Drives me nuts.

jaymix79

Aug 10, 2008
Kevbo said:
I got the same problem here:
0012130002.jpg

My dad has been in the printing/bindery business for over 30 years, and he can't figure out why this keeps happening either, unless of course, it's intentional. I worked with him for about a year, and we'd have to cut similar things (calenders, books, flashcards, etc) to a very accurate 0.001th of an inch centered.

no doubt they could do a better job, but they've had years of complaints so I'm thinking they don't care too much. Drives me nuts.

Did you send yours in to get replaced?

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
nope, I don't think they'll do anything, and I wouldn't send it away without knowing first what I'd be getting in return.

but let us know what they say..

marterburn

I'm a designer who works for a company that does a lot of printing (temporary POP), and it seems like most of our sheetcutting is a lot better than this also. (diecutting is a whole different animal)

and for reference, this is the closest to miscut that I have.

monawhatever.jpg

jaymix79

Aug 10, 2008
Kevbo said:
nope, I don't think they'll do anything, and I wouldn't send it away without knowing first what I'd be getting in return.

True, I asked in the email what I would get in return if I did mail it in. Ill let you know what they say. Thanks for your help!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
just pulled these two from one box a few hours ago

DSC00804.jpg

normally a yeah! but check the centering top/bottom of the stanton.... :x :x

although the porcello looks great!

i highly doubt topps will replace off centered cards though.....if that were the case, people'll buy every off centered cards for cheap and send to topps to get em replaced!!

dave

jaymix79

Aug 10, 2008
daveyou said:
just pulled these two from one box a few hours ago

DSC00804.jpg

normally a yeah! but check the centering top/bottom of the stanton.... :x :x

although the porcello looks great!

i highly doubt topps will replace off centered cards though.....if that were the case, people'll buy every off centered cards for cheap and send to topps to get em replaced!!

dave

I never thought about all of the dishonest people that would lie about a card..... But glad to see I am not the only one with a off centered...just wished it did not happen to anyone of us though

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
my dad worked for a place that did a bunch of point of purchase stuff too there in wisconsin.
Not sure if the place is even around anymore, but it was CD Baird.

being that you've been around that stuff, isn't it incredible that cards keep coming out like this?
I have a bunch of chrome from football too, and it's centered very well. I think it's either intentional because of grading, they don't care, or it's done in some third world country.

jaymix79

Aug 10, 2008
Autismic said:
I might win this one boys...
img501.jpg

Looks like the one I pulled, let me know the outcome to see if the O/C hurts the final sale value.

Thanks

Members online

Latest posts