Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Topps Updates/Highlights "Topps Logo" question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I saw a blog posting where a blaster or other retail package was opened and there were variations on the Topps logo and the card backs.

Is that a retail only thing for 2009 Topps U/H? I've opened almost a whole 36 pack hobby box and never have seen those logo or back variations.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
There should be two variations available at retail outlets

Topps Black variation - available in Walmart blasters; the cards are all black tinted.
Topps Throwback variation - available in Target blasters; the cards feature 'old-school' Topps logo using a grey card stock.

In Topps Series one, there was a code to figure out which blaster boxes had entirely black or retro variations.

Topps changed up the blasters for Series two and I assume U/H - instead of an entire blaster of variations, depending on where you get them, there are only two packs worth [of variation cards] per blaster.

rsmath said:
I saw a blog posting where a blaster or other retail package was opened and there were variations on the Topps logo and the card backs.

Is that a retail only thing for 2009 Topps U/H? I've opened almost a whole 36 pack hobby box and never have seen those logo or back variations.

Members online