Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thanksgiving thank you's, Pirate style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I received two large packages last week of Pirate cards from tramers and pghbuccos. With few TTM returns during the holidays, and there being few Jack Wilson or Pirate autographs to chase lately, I've turned my focus to adding more Pirate base cards. As a kid, I always loved seeing the various designs and photography on the cards from year to year, so I've been going through and scanning all my Pirate base and adding them to my website. The packages both guys sent were well above and beyond what I could possibly hope for, and added nearly a thousand new base cards to my collection, plus a few nice surprised. Here are a few of the highlights...

pghbuccos included some great looking inserts, including the Tom Gorzelanny jersey. There was also a Craig Wilson X-Fractor which I apparently forgot to scan. I always had the Orange ref, so I guess I'll have to look for the regular refractor to complete the 'mini rainbow.'
977866121.jpg
bobbyclemente.jpg
gorzo.jpg
tomgorzelanny.jpg
zduke.jpg

tramers sent a huge package that added quite a few cards of players from the last few years. Hopefully I'll be able to put some of them to good use and get them signed at Piratefest this winter.
2006battingchamp.jpg
977866141.jpg
thegreatone.jpg

Thanks to both guys for the great packages, and a happy and safe Thanksgiving to everyone on the board.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I really like the photo they used for the Stadium Club Clemente. It's one I have never seen before, and is very unique compared to what they typically use on for his modern cards.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks guys...I'll certainly have a lot of scanning to do. Maybe I can get a head start tomorrow if I decide to camp out in hopes of landing a case of 08 Documentary from blowout's specials. I'm still only half way finished with the damn Pirate team set, so this might be my best shot to finish it off.

Members online

Latest posts