Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bob Sheppard officially steps down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Now when are they going to put him in the HOF?

He needs to be there. He was what made Yankee Stadium what it was, and Derek Jeter helps keep that alive.

He announced for almost 60 years, and he is 99. It is better to put him in the HOF now, then wait any longer.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Posted the other day, to lazy to find the thread though. Pardon my ignorance but what did this guy do that was so special anyway? I realize he has been around for ever but other than that what?

newhannibal

Jan 29, 2009
Downtown
moxacaine said:
Posted the other day, to lazy to find the thread though. Pardon my ignorance but what did this guy do that was so special anyway? I realize he has been around for ever but other than that what?

While Broadcaster's get to the HOF, I think Sheppard has had as much as an impact on the franchise as guys like Vin Scully, Red Barber, Ernie Harwell, Harry Kalas, etc. If you've ever been to Yankee Stadium when Sheppard was announcing it was a very distinct part of the atmosphere.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
As long as he's not responsible for the nails-on-a-chalkboard ThhuhhhuuuHHUUHHhh Yankees win thing, than sure, vote him in

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Zithy said:
As long as he's not responsible for the nails-on-a-chalkboard ThhuhhhuuuHHUUHHhh Yankees win thing, than sure, vote him in

that's homer John Sterling. It's funny you never hear him exclaim "tttttttuuuuuhhhhh Yankees lose!" like in the 2006 ALDS loss to the tigers ;)

I wonder if the Yankees have recorded Shep's voice files yet.

Members online

Latest posts