Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

As nice as the Ruth T206 GU are, I can't help but think..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

!Bg!gJFw!2k~$(KGrHqEH-DsEsKb8vgI)BLDgVL0HsQ~~_12.jpg

The more I see these "colored" pieces, the more I can't help but think that they aren't bat pieces. This one clearly appears to be paint of some sort. Fading could make it fade from a black color, I'd guess, but would a black (or green) painted bat be accurate for Ruth? Also, wouldn't you think these pieces would show a little bit of curvature?

Don't you think it's possibly seat from Yankee Stadium? It makes sense with the destruction of the stadium and the paint color (weren't they green? I've seen Mantle seat relics with a similar green paint). The cards also don't specify -- they just say memorabilia.

!BfVbrm!!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKkIErz!8eJDoBL!01-fOoQ~~_12.jpg

Re: As nice as the T206 GU are, I can't help but think..

"Don't you think it's possibly seat from Yankee Stadium? I makes sense with the destruction of the stadium and the paint color (weren't they green? I've seen Mantle seat relics with a similar green paint). The cards also don't specify -- they just say memorabilia."

I called this a couple of days ago in daveyou's thread. My opinion is it is an Original Yankee Stadium Seat. :(

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Topps is usually pretty good about saying "Bat" or "Jersey". I think it's pretty clear these are Yankee Stadium Seat relics. And that type of paint is exactly how those wooden seats were painted.

A_Pharis

Ok, with those that agree that these are seat relics -- would you purchase them at their going rate? Very nice cards from a beautiful set -- regardless of the type of relic.
Also, do you think that the unpainted pieces (from the interior) are what's really selling them as bats?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Ok, with those that agree that these are seat relics -- would you purchase them at their going rate? Very nice cards from a beautiful set -- regardless of the type of relic.
Also, do you think that the unpainted pieces (from the interior) are what's really selling them as bats?

I think they're selling as "bats" because they say "memorabilia" and not "seat", so you know those selling them are going to say it's a bat in hopes of getting more money.

As for buying them, I really have no interest in a seat card, so I probably wouldn't pay much for it.

Members online

Latest posts