Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCS question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Boise St is currently ranked sixth in the BCS. If they win out, they'll finish the regular season 6th.

There's talk that they might not get a bid. The most likely choice would be the Fiesta Bowl, but the promoters of the Fiesta might choose a two loss BCS conference team (OK St, Iowa) over BSU.

I can't find the rules online and haven't looked at em in a few years, but the BCS rule used to state "any team from a non BCS conference that finishes in in the top 6 in the final BCS poll will get an automatic bid." BSU qualifies per their rules, but they might get left out? How the hell is that possible?

If this rule is still in place, and Boise gets left out, the university should sue the BCS, the NCAA, and the Fiesta Bowl for about $6 mil

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Because of TCU - It was my understanding that only applied for the top non-bcs school. They had the one automatic bid (just like a each BCS conference) only with the added criteria that had to be met.

I agree though that they should be picked as an at-large....the way I see it the Miami's and USC's and all those teams that they could have justified taking ahead of them had there chance and lost the past couple weeks.
Hopefully they give it to them since they'd be most deserving if they go undefeated - and even though it shouldn't matter - you look at the past few years, past bowl performances, etc. and it's not like you're inviting Hawaii to get crushed. It would be ashame if they don't get a chance to play a great team and get a chance to prove they are the best team in the country.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
Boise St is currently ranked sixth in the BCS. If they win out, they'll finish the regular season 6th.

There's talk that they might not get a bid. The most likely choice would be the Fiesta Bowl, but the promoters of the Fiesta might choose a two loss BCS conference team (OK St, Iowa) over BSU.

I can't find the rules online and haven't looked at em in a few years, but the BCS rule used to state "any team from a non BCS conference that finishes in in the top 6 in the final BCS poll will get an automatic bid." BSU qualifies per their rules, but they might get left out? How the hell is that possible?

If this rule is still in place, and Boise gets left out, the university should sue the BCS, the NCAA, and the Fiesta Bowl for about $6 mil

Just because they dont get in a BCS bowl they cant sue the BCS and they damn sure cant sue the NCAA because they have nothing to do with it. That is just retarded Especially seeing how TCU is 4th and will get the automatic bid::facepalm::

And they most likely will get picked for the Orange bowl because Oklahoma St is losing right now so. THe Fiesta Bowl will take Iowa because they travel just as good as any college. Boise hardly had any one when they went to the Fiesta Bowl and upset OU.So after the Fiesta Bowl picks the Orange bowl picks and with Oklahoma St wth another loss they will probably take Boise

Members online