Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Bowman Chrome AFLAC Gold Refractor Set ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhk

Sep 19, 2009
North Kakalaki
Just curious if anyone knows how many of the Gold Refractor Sets were issued and distributed? Does anyone know what was the deal/issue with this set/redemption back then? Also, what were the big ticket guys in the set and their value? I know McCutchen was in the set, but not much else... :?:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
jhk said:
Just curious if anyone knows how many of the Gold Refractor Sets were issued and distributed? Does anyone know what was the deal/issue with this set/redemption back then? Also, what were the big ticket guys in the set and their value? I know McCutchen was in the set, but not much else... :?:

Maybin and Upton are both in that set.

jhk

Sep 19, 2009
North Kakalaki
Upton & Maybin in the set?? Kewl.. uh.. are they listed in the Beckett? If so, do you happen to know the price? Thanks for the info! :)

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
moxacaine said:
jhk said:

Maybin and Upton are both in that set.

Upton was not. He was on the original Aflac checklist, but hadn't signed, so they didn't produce his card. Then, when they produced the autograph Refractor set to offer up to people holding Gold Refractor redemptions, he was added to that set. McCutchen, Maybin and Volstad are the biggest names in the set.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
chrome_ball said:
I believe there were 33 total sets redeemed/issued, but that is strictly going from memory so I may be off.

I immediately thought 34. I think it's somewhere between 30-35.

Members online

Latest posts