Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

why I open Razor Sports Icons.. (not mine.. Honus W)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I was looking at the Razor Sports Icons to see what is out there, and saw this card.. These are the reasons I open Razor.. most are decent, some are not.. and some are like this!!

[ebay:16qk4997]260511356807[/ebay:16qk4997]

!BfvKUlQBWk~$(KGrHqYH-CIErodRksGBBLCb7CT+Dg~~_12.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Not saying that the autograph isn't good, it's just unlike most Wagner's I've ever seen.
I was thinking the same thing, Mike. Not sure about that one...looks too 'perfect' lol.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Not saying that the autograph isn't good, it's just unlike most Wagner's I've ever seen.

Glad you brought that up.... cuz if I had.... it was cuz I was bashing Razor. But that was my first thought as well.... looked a little off.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
P_Manning 18 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Glad you brought that up.... cuz if I had.... it was cuz I was bashing Razor. But that was my first thought as well.... looked a little off.
Agreed.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
**not an autograph expert by any means**

Yeah, but I know for me, since I sign my name pretty inconsistently, that the one thing that should always be constant is the way you start. And the four examples given all have a distinct looking "H", which looks uneven, and the Razor one is symmetrical.

Just an observation, though, as my disclaimer above notes - I'm not at all expert in signatures.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
bungle77 said:
**not an autograph expert by any means**

Yeah, but I know for me, since I sign my name pretty inconsistently, that the one thing that should always be constant is the way you start. And the four examples given all have a distinct looking "H", which looks uneven, and the Razor one is symmetrical.

Just an observation, though, as my disclaimer above notes - I'm not at all expert in signatures.
+1

My last name starts with H and it is the only letter that remains the same in my signature always. After that its a crap shoot depending how i feel for the rest of the letters to be displayed.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
i have no idea if any of those are real. the guy lived to 81 years old which is plenty of time to see a guy go from a young guy that doesn't give a rat's ass, to a guy that cares, to an old guy that cares, to an old guy that doesn't give a crap.

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
As I just told 200lb in a PM, I too had to look at this several times. However, it did indeed pass PSA OR JSA as our product guarantees. It originally came from either a letter or envelope (cannot recollect off hand and Im on family vacation right now).
Honus' signature is NOT consistent by any means. I have seen a similar signature since then (walked by my table at Chicago Sun Times show). It had full PSA letter and price was silly, so I let it walk. No need to worry. 100% solid authentic.
BG

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
i agree that autos can be inconsistent and short of seeing them autograph it in person, there will always be doubt. still, i love cracking these cut auto products and most have been nice additions to the PC.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
justinmandawg said:
i have no idea if any of those are real. the guy lived to 81 years old which is plenty of time to see a guy go from a young guy that doesn't give a rat's ass, to a guy that cares, to an old guy that cares, to an old guy that doesn't give a crap.

And this, in a nutshell, is the inherent problem in authenticating ANY autograph. Completely agree with this - I was just pointing something I noticed.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
cut looks ugly to me...i would never buy something with no picture of the player but thats just me

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
Razor said:
As I just told 200lb in a PM, I too had to look at this several times. However, it did indeed pass PSA OR JSA as our product guarantees. It originally came from either a letter or envelope (cannot recollect off hand and Im on family vacation right now).
Honus' signature is NOT consistent by any means. I have seen a similar signature since then (walked by my table at Chicago Sun Times show). It had full PSA letter and price was silly, so I let it walk. No need to worry. 100% solid authentic.
BG

and its good to see that brian is the only manufacturer that will come on a message board and stand behind what he sells as authentic. thats more than i can say about the others who try and keep anything questionable hush hush. thanks brian.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
mburgin said:
Razor said:
BG

and its good to see that brian is the only manufacturer that will come on a message board and stand behind what he sells as authentic. thats more than i can say about the others who try and keep anything questionable hush hush. thanks brian.

yeah, i remember the fallout over the UD president's cuts as well as some of the earlier legendary cuts products. i agree that it is nice to see company representation on boards to backup their products.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I came across my student cards from university and every signature that I have is different, and none are close to how I sign today. Some people have more consistent handwriting than others.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
One interesting possibility: that it's not a "signature" per se, but rather a script version of his name from some type of return address, label, document, etc. that he filled out?

Members online