Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Superfractor Hot Packs On eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Has anyone ever purchased a hot-pack that guarantees a Superfractor? I don't really have any intentions to purchase one but was keen on understanding one question: Assuming the guarantee is promised, is the Superfractor from the product? I read all these listings and it only states a Superfractor is guaranteed but of course, one can't assume the Superfractor will be from the product shown on the pack.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Superfractor said:
Has anyone ever purchased a hot-pack that guarantees a Superfractor? I don't really have any intentions to purchase one but was keen on understanding one question: Assuming the guarantee is promised, is the Superfractor from the product? I read all these listings and it only states a Superfractor is guaranteed but of course, it is not logical to assume the Superfractor will be from the product shown on the pack.

Why is it not logical?

These packs are all re-sealed. There has been many times that these guaranteed packs have produced a card that has previously been pulled.

skrip

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Superfractor said:
Has anyone ever purchased a hot-pack that guarantees a Superfractor? I don't really have any intentions to purchase one but was keen on understanding one question: Assuming the guarantee is promised, is the Superfractor from the product? I read all these listings and it only states a Superfractor is guaranteed but of course, one can't assume the Superfractor will be from the product shown on the pack.

Yes, it would be from the specific product, if not, it'd be a dead give-away that these packs are resealed, which is what those selling these "hot packs" try to avoid.

They want you to believe that you have the chance of getting a BIG STAR/AUTO Superfractor, when in reality you'll probably pay $50 for the hot pack, only to get one that will resell for $20.

The sellers don't want you to think these are resealed.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
ballerskrip said:
Superfractor said:
Has anyone ever purchased a hot-pack that guarantees a Superfractor? I don't really have any intentions to purchase one but was keen on understanding one question: Assuming the guarantee is promised, is the Superfractor from the product? I read all these listings and it only states a Superfractor is guaranteed but of course, it is not logical to assume the Superfractor will be from the product shown on the pack.

Why is it not logical?

These packs are all re-sealed. There has been many times that these guaranteed packs have produced a card that has previously been pulled.

skrip
Well, it has more to do with past listings that tend to separate their proposition "X hot-pack" and "guaranteed superfractor." Or in other words: Where they make a point that both are mutually exclusive. But as you're insinuating, I'm probably taking leaps of logic here.

I understand they're re-sealed.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
Sly said:
Superfractor said:

Yes, it would be from the specific product, if not, it'd be a dead give-away that these packs are resealed, which is what those selling these "hot packs" try to avoid.

They want you to believe that you have the chance of getting a BIG STAR/AUTO Superfractor, when in reality you'll probably pay $50 for the hot pack, only to get one that will resell for $20.

The sellers don't want you to think these are resealed.
Ah, you make a fine point.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
scotty21690 said:
Superfractor said:
scotty21690 said:
3.3% chance of pulling a Rockie, solid odds....
LOL. Read my mind, scotty.
Had a feelin.. :)

09 Supers are pretty nasty looking, thank goodness you have a couple 05's!
You're right about that.

So, now that it's safe to say that the Super-Fractor is of the product: There's currently an '09 Chrome hot-pack. What are the chances the seller can tell me if he has a Rockie in that pack? It's more than likely that the card won't sell for more than the SV (49.99) and I frankly don't care. As long as I get what I wanted.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I look at all the hot pack etc auctions as garbage autos patches etc
If the card was good enough it would sell mentioned and named
You really think someone would sell a Pujols/Griff/jeter etc unmentioned? ::facepalm::

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
craiger122003 said:
I look at all the hot pack etc auctions as garbage autos patches etc
If the card was good enough it would sell mentioned and named
You really think someone would sell a Pujols/Griff/jeter etc unmentioned? ::facepalm::
He's not expecting it is going to be a star.....he is however, hoping it is a Rockie.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
craiger122003 said:
I know I just meant in general
Ah, I see.

Yes, I would never think of buying any form of 'hot-pack' for the sake of getting a big-name.

I've emailed the seller; let's see if he'll let me know a general sense (Rockie or not) of the contents in that pack...

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
when I was around 15-16 I bought a pack which said it had a guaranteed superfractor........................................................................................................................
BILL HALL ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: for $160 ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: traded it for 50 game used cards to a bill hall collector

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
numba1yankeefan said:
when I was around 15-16 I bought a pack which said it had a guaranteed superfractor........................................................................................................................
BILL HALL ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: for $160 ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: traded it for 50 game used cards to a bill hall collector

i remember that, that wasn't all that long ago, when you first joined beckett a couple years ago.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
G $MONEY$ said:
numba1yankeefan said:

i remember that, that wasn't all that long ago, when you first joined beckett a couple years ago.

yea I know, i'm only 18 now, lol

it was when I first started collecting and didnt know any better. The reason I joined beckett was because I was so mad I got the hall I tried mystery selling it on ebay and got emails saying it was talked about on beckett and I tried to defend myself. That was the last time I tried something that stupid and whoever sent me the emails, thanks! dont know if I ever would have been into collecting this much and talk to this many collectors.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
numba1yankeefan said:
G $MONEY$ said:
numba1yankeefan said:

yea I know, i'm only 18 now, lol

it was when I first started collecting and didnt know any better. The reason I joined beckett was because I was so mad I got the hall I tried mystery selling it on ebay and got emails saying it was talked about on beckett and I tried to defend myself. That was the last time I tried something that stupid and whoever sent me the emails, thanks! dont know if I ever would have been into collecting this much and talk to this many collectors.
I remember that whole fiasco. That was a crappy way to learn a lesson and you seem to be wiser from it. Wow that was only 3 years ago huh, time flies.

Members online

Latest posts