Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are your thoughts on Elite Extra products?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I am thinking of making a purchase of 2009 Elite Extra simply because Draft and Bowman Sterling checklists appears to be pretty weak this year.

Looking back at 2007 vs. 2008 there is quite a difference. 2007 does have some proven "minor leaguers" and a few mlb guys and 2008, I think has a lot of sleepers, but no prices that really stand out like in 2007. Most of us know that Chrome is king when it comes to on-card autographs and elite has nothing but sticker autographs. And of course elite isn't an MLB licensed product either.

It looks as though 2009 will have some of the top draft picks in the set, minus Strasburg. Do you see 2009 possibly holding more value like 2007 or will do you think it will sustain prices such as 2008?

I think this will be the first year since Draft was initially released that I will not be buying a box. Topps really screwed up this year and this has to be the absolute worst product they will be putting out in terms of Draft Picks. It's time to find a different alternative.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
It really depends on if they crank up the presses like they did in '08 or not. I'm still on the fence and I'm leaning towards buying singles only this year. The more that Draft gets pushed back the more confident I get that additional content is gonna be added.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Great Dealz Rob said:
It really depends on if they crank up the presses like they did in '08 or not. I'm still on the fence and I'm leaning towards buying singles only this year. The more that Draft gets pushed back the more confident I get that additional content is gonna be added.

I hope so with Draft. I haven't heard any updates lately however on any additions, but some better draft picks or prospects would certainly help.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
prospectorgems said:
Great Dealz Rob said:

I hope so with Draft. I haven't heard any updates lately however on any additions, but some better draft picks or prospects would certainly help.

The last "rumor" I heard was that it may get delayed until early January. I'm happy to hear that because they have to be adding for it to miss the Xmas sales rush IMO. I have 6 cases on order so I'm really hoping so.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Can't speak from a Prospectors viewpoint, but I love EEE as a collector in general.
There are always nice additions for the player and O's PC... :)

Arrieta2007DonrussEEEAutoRC074-949.jpgArrieta2007DonrussEEETOCAutoRC071-1.jpgArrieta2007DonrussEEEBlueAspiration.jpg
Arrieta2007DonrussEEEGoldStatusAuto.jpg

Britton.jpg

Kolodny2008DonrussEEEAutoRC222-819.jpgKolodny2008DonrussEEETOCAutoRC012-1.jpgKolodny2008DonrussEEEBlueAspirat-4.jpgKolodny2008DonrussEEERedStatusAutoR.jpgKolodny2008DonrussEEEGoldStatusAuto.jpg

Hudson2008DonrussEEETOCAutoRC283-41.jpgHudson2008DonrussEEEBlueAspirations.jpgHudson2008DonrussEEERedStatusAutoRC.jpgHudson2008DonrussEEEBlackStatusAuto.jpg

Avery2008DonrussEEEAutoRC187-199.jpgAvery2008DonrussEEETOCAutoRC03-50.jpgAvery2008DonrussEEERedStatusAutoRC0.jpg

Hoes2008DonrussEEETOCAutoRC294-494.jpgHoes2008DonrussEEEBlueAspiration-3.jpgHoes2008DonrussEEERedStatusAutoRC08.jpg

Butler2007DonrussEEETOCAutoRC291-41.jpgButler2007DonrussEEEBlueAspirations.jpgButler2007DonrussEEERedStatusAutoRC.jpg

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Wow! Some very sweet cards from 2007. Yes, they did have a lot of quality O's in that product.

Where is your rainbow of Weiters though? :D

kuggy2

Aug 7, 2008
green bay, wisconsin
I use too buy lots of bowman chrome, but I too do not care for what it has this yr..... am working on putting together a master set of 2008 donruss elite extra base autos, TOC autos and school color autos and also the non auto parellel sets... know it will take awhile but it has been fun so far.... anyone that has stuff from these 2008 elite sets, lmk as I am buying and trading

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
From a prospecting point of view, you could frankly prospect or flip ANY product- prospectors would turn Topps Total or Topps Attax if the money was there, so Elite is fine in that respect.

I think Elite will always fall second fiddle as long as there is an alternative that exists for that first year player for that year, so prices may or may not be as strong as it's bowman counterpart.

On the other hand, from the collector's point of view, it provides for a nice alternative for a player to be depicted in his college or HS uni, a great variation for player collectors.

I think it's a wonderful product, and they put some neat inserts and variations as well, which makes it challenging. And sprinkle it with the occassional non-baseball guy, and it's a really fun break.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
kuggy2 said:
I use too buy lots of bowman chrome, but I too do not care for what it has this yr..... am working on putting together a master set of 2008 donruss elite extra base autos, TOC autos and school color autos and also the non auto parellel sets... know it will take awhile but it has been fun so far.... anyone that has stuff from these 2008 elite sets, lmk as I am buying and trading
I have a few still.
I posted in your thread Kuggy.

Members online