Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A new high for the BABE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Still kicking myself in the nuts for not picking these up when they were $1200-$1500. Anyone with a brain could see those would be excellent investments

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
not sure i get this card, sells for 10 x what a ruth jersey to 100 usually sells for because the jersey piece is a little larger?
to each his own i guess

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
boomo said:
not sure i get this card, sells for 10 x what a ruth jersey to 100 usually sells for because the jersey piece is a little larger?
to each his own i guess

+1
I think it's because of how popular the set is, and it is way bigger than other jersey's of him, and people are willing to pay a huge premium because of that.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
17ROCKIES12 said:
miguelcabrera said:
boomo said:
to each his own i guess

+1
I think it's because of how popular the set is, and it is way bigger than other jersey's of him, and people are willing to pay a huge premium because of that.

Another big part of it is that this particular card shows two full wide pinstripes, which is a rarity for a GU card. And for the record, this was ranked the number one card ever made by Beckett.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
miguelcabrera said:
boomo said:
to each his own i guess

+1

Another big part of it is that this particular card shows two full wide pinstripes, which is a rarity for a GU card. And for the record, this was ranked the number one card ever made by Beckett.

+1. That extra pinstripe added anywhere from 1000-1500 on that card.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
to each his own i guess
This is like the T206 Honus Wagner of game used cards....nuff' said.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
greatest card ever made?? with 95 of them??
id take a lebron exquisite patch auto 99 over this any day.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
Hell no! Greatest GU ever? Hell yes...

And you sure you would take a Lebron patch auto over a Ruth jumbo GU with 2 pinstripes? I'm pretty sure he has enough jerseys to make a million patch cards, and he can and will sign and infinate amount of cards during his lifetime. On the other hand, Ruth game used is scarce. Ruth is the greatest of all time and you will never see a jumbo jersey EVER again. Not to mention that GU set is probably one of the most popular ever made, huge for set collectors and player collectors.

And I'm pretty sure it's #ed to 20 something.

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
scotty21690 said:
boomo said:
Hell no! Greatest GU ever? Hell yes...

And you sure you would take a Lebron patch auto over a Ruth jumbo GU with 2 pinstripes? I'm pretty sure he has enough jerseys to make a million patch cards, and he can and will sign and infinate amount of cards during his lifetime. On the other hand, Ruth game used is scarce. Ruth is the greatest of all time and you will never see a jumbo jersey EVER again. Not to mention that GU set is probably one of the most popular ever made, huge for set collectors and player collectors.

And I'm pretty sure it's #ed to 20 something.

Can't begin to tell you how much I agree with everything you said. Great reply!

Members online

Latest posts