Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CJ Spiller USA Today full page ad today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As you may have read, I'm a huge CJ Spiller fan, so I was thrilled when I saw a full page ad promoting him for the Heisman Trophy in today's USA Today.

It's on page 5 of the Sports section, and is in color. It's unlikely he'll win the trophy, but maybe he can be a finalist. If nothing else, it makes for a cool looking collectible. I know we have one Clemson die-hard (Brad) on here, but Spiller will be playing on Sundays, and I thought it was a nice move by the Clemson "support" team.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I had not heard of that so I will have to check it out. I do not think he will win the Heisman, and never really thought he would. I have been wanting him to get to NYC for the ceremony though since he should no doubt be there. If you do not know who he is, then youtube him and thank me later. The guys is a special player.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Real players get pages in SI.

Clemson players get in US Today :lol:

All jokes aside man is a beast. But i cant see him winning the hiesman

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Daltonb1219 said:
Real players get pages in SI.

Clemson players get in US Today :lol:

All jokes aside man is a beast. But i cant see him winning the hiesman

He won't, but he should be in New York. The guy is one of the best in the country. Here it is for those that did not see it

CJspillerUSATodayfull.jpg

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Scariest player at CU in a long time. As a Carolina fan, everytime he touches the ball you kinda hold your breath, you know he can go off at anytime. A friend of mine is good friends with Ellington and Spiller he has a pic of him with Spiller in the locker room, and CJ is cut up. Looks like Reggie Bush. He is gonna be great on Sundays.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I thought he'd come out last year. Mind you, I thought that everyone would come out last year just in case **** hit the fan w/ rookie contract slotting.

I thought he compared pretty favorable to guys like Moreno.

Either way, I love the Harbaugh familiy (ESPN's little special gave me wood) and it'd be nice to see the Heisman go to a non-USC pac-10 school.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Spiller's out-scoring Texas and Nebraska all by himself! He's just moving further up the Draft Board with every drive. McShay now has him ranked #1 RB. It took awhile, but he'll take it. I wonder if Cleveland is watching, 'cuz even though he may not project that high... and he and Davis could be re-united!

BTW, It's kinda shame both the ACC and Big 12 champ. games are on at the same time.

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
tide12champrings said:
This guy played off the charts today. If I was voting, He'd have my vote.
I have to agree. To give credit Ingram is a good back, but Spiller is Clemson's offense. Incredibly gutsy performance tonight.

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
cgilmo said:
I'm not so sure I wouldn't vote for Spiller as well.

Keep in mind Ingram is a sophmore, and normally sophmores have to be a clear winner to take home the heisman.
I was suprised Herbstreit didn't even mention him afterwards in the discussion after the Texas game. He seemed to think it comes down to Ingram vs. Herhart, with Ingram's stock rising after tonight.

Members online

Latest posts