Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you like it when players personalize your stuff?

Do you like it when players personalize your stuff?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pops8

Sep 17, 2008
Bedford, PA
I typically do. The only time that I mind it is if the personalization detracts from the overall apperance of the card. That doesn't happen that often. I like the fact that the player has taken the time to at least read enough of my letter to find out my name or my son's name.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It really depends on the situation. Since all my returns are for my personal collection, I don't mind receiving a card personalized, and I appreciate that the player took the time to read my letter or at least look at the name on the return envelope. However, I think the some personalizations tend to make the card too 'busy,' and less visually appealing.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
I think it when they personalize photos but cards annoy me sometimes because like subject to change said it looks to busy

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Most of my autos are not personalized but I am not opposed to having one unless it is a bat, jersey, or stick.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I don't like the personalizations, because in-person, it only implies the athlete is thinking the autograph I'm getting is not for myself and somehow I have an ulterior motive in getting the autograph.

Despite how I feel, I'll gladly volunteer my name to get someone's autograph in-person. The athlete may not care one way or the other whether I not I get his autograph, but I figure it isn't the end the world.

Out of the autographs might get - I'll have a few items to show off as being signed to and for me, even though the personalization was merely done so I can't do anything with the item.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Here is an item I picked up that is personalized.. too bad it's not to me.. it's to Ted Buhner (Jay's Brother)..

He was at a game and Griffey hit a line drive foul ball and Ted caught it and in the process hurt his hand..

1ted.jpg

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Although I have yet to get a TTM/IP auto, I would actually prefer to have the item personalized if it's bigger. With a card there's just not much room, but if it's an 8x10 or a ball I'd strongly prefer to have it signed to me personally.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
For me, it really depends on the player or the item being signed. If its an IC or a photo its fine for me if its the only way I can get the autograph, but definitely not cards or balls. The only baseball I have personalized to me is a Mickey Mantle.

SikSyko

Dec 6, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
It depends on what it is for me as well. If it is a card for a set I'm trying to get autographed I would prefer getting it without any personalization, other things I don't care if they are or not.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It really doesn't matter to me. I have several items in my PC that are personalized to other people. I ended up getting these super cheap because people are opposed to them. Some of the inscriptions I've gotten are just awesome. My favorite ever, Dave Duncan (author):

DuncanDave.jpg

Members online

Latest posts