Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does ebay allow you to use false card locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
I know you do not have to be specific when stating in an auction where the card is located but can you lie about it?

I won the card below on November 17 and just received it today. I was going to email the seller in Cary, North Carolina to find out where it might be.

I found out today. He lives in South Korea and it came by snail mail I guess. Packaging was a used, thin bubble mailer with no other protection other than the plastic case so I think I was lucky to get it in good shape.

Ramirez%20TTT%204%20of%209.jpg

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Drop negative bombs all over those sellers and 1 star pretty much across the board. Then mention in the description that "apparently seller believes 'Cary, NC' is located in Korea... disingenuous and dishonest"... that would sway my decision as a prospective buyer.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I won an auction that said it would be shipping from Florida. Emailed the guy three weeks later to see where the card is, and he told me it normally takes about three weeks to ship from Taiwan.

Moron told me he didn't think it mattered where the location was listed as. Never heard a response when I told him that if I knew it would be shipped from overseas, I would have never bid.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
AS JEA said drop neg bombs all over them. That will fix that problem right away.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
Card got there within 13 days with 3 days being no mail, must just be me that could care less when my pieces of cardboard get to me

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
....or people do not like being lied to. Lets not forget where a ton of card scams are coming from prompting most of us to be hesitant when dealing with overseas sellers. They are purposely deceiving buyers. I am guess you never opened a package from overseas with a common or nothing at all in it.

yakacack said:
Card got there within 13 days with 3 days being no mail, must just be me that could care less when my pieces of cardboard get to me

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
Havent as of yet, only have had that happen twice with people that actually sent within the U.S. Credit card easily took care of things both times so I dont worry about where cards come from or when they get there.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I have my location as "Sin City, USA" and I've never caught any flak over it. But it is a entirely different matter to put somewhere in the US and actually be overseas. Seller is setting himself up for some chargebacks when items are slow or not sent with tracking.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Do you guys think that maybe these sellers are GI's stationed over there.. They get boxes of cards thru their freinds and sell them on EBAY..

When you paid, did you see the name? Was it an english name or a South Korean name?

Just curious?

Flashmelo

Jun 1, 2009
Hi, I'm the seller of this card!

I originally registered on ebay when I was in Cary, I recently came to Korea because of my business.

I stated that the card will be shipped from Korea in the Item description,

Sorry for the inconvenience, glad you are enjoying the card :)

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
If you stated that then it should not be a problem but surely you can understand how buyers do not like sellers lying about where they are from (overseas)

Flashmelo said:
Hi, I'm the seller of this card!

I originally registered on ebay when I was in Cary, I recently came to Korea because of my business.

Sorry for the inconvenience, glad you are enjoying the card :)

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Craig Smith said:
I know you do not have to be specific when stating in an auction where the card is located but can you lie about it?

Yes, absolutely. I'm in the middle of a problem with this right now. An eBay seller in another country lists his items as shipping from the USA for $3. I bought 2 and paid the combined invoice. Then he emails me to say there's an error in the shipping. Down in the description of the item he has a chart for various different shipping rates- ALL of which are more than what was advertised.

I personally think eBay needs to STEP UP and start reprimanding sellers for misleading auctions. I'm not talking about counterfeit cards, that's tough to expect them to have the knowledge base to police that. I'm talking about $25 shipping an a baseball card, fake locations, etc., the really blatant nonsense. I've reported tons of items and most have run their course, no problem. It's crap.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
"Hi, I'm the seller of this card!

Sorry for the inconvenience, glad you are enjoying the card"

Please accept my apology, I obviously did not see that in the description. I do like the card, but it could have been shipped a little more securely based on cost alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts