Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: FCG Birthday Group DECEMBER (last one for the year folks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hello Birthday and non Birthday group members.

December is here. Indeed, Christmas just around the corner and several board members with birthdays.

Group members:
06: Benson
09: Dano07
20: domino2012
28: tonsofcommons
31: mikieward10

Board members:
13: bojacksoncollector
14: sdsportsfan1214
18: rob167
18: jpcz
19: Daltonb1219
31: Russ S.

Well, here's to a nice month of December and to love and joy and all the rest for the holidays! Don't forget to show your scans and let's finish the year off with a bang!

Talk to you all soon!

Dom

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Not in the group, but just wanted to wish fellow December Birthday's a great month and happy happy birthdays.
Mine is on the 31st. Just found out today, I'm going to have to work that day and night.... :(
Sucks too, cause I spent my 30th birthday last year in A-stan. ::facepalm::

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Happy Birthday December Members!

I am buying up some stuff for my victim. It's my last time participating so I wanna make sure I don't slack.

I'm sure it'll be great. You've been an outstanding member so there is no reason why it should "suck". I'm sure you're "victim" will be happy. (and I'm sure he'll post as well).

Russ: that really is a bummer. Not only working on your B-day but on the 31st as well. I'll have a drink for you if you like on the 31st! ;)

Looks like I got the first package for December. Bubble mailer stuffed full of goodies from Seattlefantillidie.
edmonds-patch.jpg
Hard to see, but numbered 14/35, dual patch. Sweet card! I only have 2 Cardinals patch cards and they both came from the birthday group, a Pujols from the 2007 group is the other.

12-2.jpg
Some nice McGwire inserts, I don't think I have any of those. Also a bunch of Zeile's, Ozzie's, some more McGwire's and Edmonds.
Last but not least a 95 Star Ripken set. Never seen one before.
ripken-star.jpg
I'll post some scans from this set later

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Happy Birthday all December birthdays! I've laready had my victims, and even some that were'nt my victims, but it was a fun year and I may be up for it again if there are still open spots.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
Happy Birthday all December birthdays! I've laready had my victims, and even some that were'nt my victims, but it was a fun year and I may be up for it again if there are still open spots.

There are indeed open spots if you're interested. The rules have changed just a bit so I'll bump up the thread so you can read before signing up. If you're interested, I'll be happy to have you in the group again. I'll just need an email. Thanks!

Benson: Thanks for sharing! That's a very nice Edmonds patch! I like that set! I've never seen those Ripkens either. Can't wait to see them!

Here's some scans from the truely odd Cal, Ripken, Jr. set:
Every card in the set has a comma between Cal and Ripken.
cal-star2.jpg
There's at least one card for each season, through 1994. Some seasons have more than one card which are generally denoted on the front with "-1" then "-2". Not this season, goes 1, 4, 5, guess 2 and 3 got axed at some point.

cal-star3.jpg
Some Cal trivia to amaze your friends with. Tim Hulett is the only man to ever pinch hit and pinch run for Cal Ripken! (at least through 1994).

cal-star5.jpg
Starting line-up for the 1st game of The Streak.

cal-star7.jpg
12 great baseball injuries through the years.

cal-star9.jpg

The last card in the set has stats for the years 1978-1985, no card for 1986-1994.

Overall, I like this set, it is really an oddball set. It seems like it was put together in an afternoon against a deadline with no one taking any time to edit anything :)

Alright, I can get used to this. Second day in a row with a mailer waiting. I'm beginning to expect a package everyday :lol:
Cards today from cobra29svt
12-3b.jpg
Couple of nice Carpenters, refractors are always good including the X variety. Couple of Markakis to add to my small collection. I'm not up on the Turkey Red set, but is the one on the right a parallel version?

Thanks for the wishes, spent most of the day watching football. Although, it did not start off good at all. I'm sitting in the chair this morning checking email, etc. and my 3-year old daughter comes in the room and tells me she did not use the scissors to cut her hair. Of course that means she did. She had my sons scissors and trimmed a little off the side. She has not had her hair cut yet, so this was her first hair cut. My wife took her this afternoon to get it fixed and they did a good job, they were able to blend it and she still has her long hair. :grouphug:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts