Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Breaking Boxes.......A Love Story....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So my case of Toppps 206 arrives today along with 15 1/2 boxes of 08 Icons Football (freebies) from Atlanta Sports Cards. My 6 year old son sees me unpacking the boxes and asks me what am I doing. I tell him I am going to open some packs. He asks me if he can watch. I tell him he can help me! His face lights up and he gets all excited. My son likes to break a pack here and there and ask me "did I get any good cards?" He prefers spiderman, wrestling, and other non sports cards. The most packs he broke in a day was probably around six. So we sit at the table and start ripping. I taught him "pack poker" so we could practice his numbers ;) We played who gets the best card as well as other games. It was so nice not to worry about how he opened the packs, handled them, or even played with them. These were not Triple Threads or anything. :lol: The fun we had opening box after box was priceless. To see him jump out of the chair screaming at the top of his lungs "Mom I got a jersey card, a J-E-R-S-E-Y CARD!!!!" We had a blast!!! Just two guys hanging out, shooting the breeze, and breaking packs. Made my year............ ;)
I have to break the T206 alone, as he had to go to bed. Really dosent matter wat I pull as the thrill I just had felt like pulling a Ruth auto!
Can you tell I'm excited?
Just had to share......
Stay Safe
Joe

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
wow great story, brings me back to when i was younger

keep ordering packs for the little guy so we have a new collector in a few years :D

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
jeff550 said:
wow great story, brings me back to when i was younger

keep ordering packs for the little guy so we have a new collector in a few years :D
younger ? as in LAST YEAR :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I opened a box of Topps Update a month ago with my son. He really enjoyed it - he just wanted to get Phillies and jersey/auto stuff. It's really a fun thing to do.

Members online