Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone seen a BIG hit out of T206 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
I have been looking everyday, and the biggest "hit" I have seen is the Ruth bat card. Doesn't seem to be to SP either since I have seen about 40 of them. Anyone seen a BIG hit? Would love to see one of the foldout books with the authentic and cut auto! Or even a decent buyback. As of now, top 5 cards I have seen are:

1. Ruth bat
2. Beckham auto redemption
3. Ryan Howard auto
4. Cobb bat
5. couple low end buybacks

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
bodiaz said:
I have been looking everyday, and the biggest "hit" I have seen is the Ruth bat card. Doesn't seem to be to SP either since I have seen about 40 of them. Anyone seen a BIG hit? Would love to see one of the foldout books with the authentic and cut auto! Or even a decent buyback. As of now, top 5 cards I have seen are:

1. Ruth bat
2. Beckham auto redemption
3. Ryan Howard auto
4. Cobb bat
5. couple low end buybacks

I saw one of those up on the bay, and I wasn't even looking for anything near that. So to be polite I won't upset the bidders by announcing it

A_Pharis

The Ruths have been heavily speculated to be seat relics. Supported both by the number produced and the fact a few of them have green paint similar to that of seats from the destroyed Yankee stadium (which have been featured in other cards).
That, and the card doesn't state "bat" at all.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
A_Pharis said:
The Ruths have been heavily speculated to be seat relics. Supported both by the number produced and the fact a few of them have green paint similar to that of seats from the destroyed Yankee stadium (which have been featured in other cards).
That, and the card doesn't state "bat" at all.

I agree, the Ruth definately isnt a bat. The seller of this one even says it has a "nice green chunk" lol.

!Bf-pkVQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKkIErygVWNZSBLDZ5FCcQg~~_12.jpg

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
The BIG hits must be EXTREMELY limited! At the price point ($75-$85 per box), I would guess 100s of cases have been cracked already. You would think some big hits would have hit the Bay by now.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
There has been practically no news on this product here. I guess people are just not ripping it.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
A_Pharis said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2iqmdbt1]Beckham auto redemption have been selling well.

They started off around $150, right? They seem to be bottoming out around $90 right now. I wish his Bowman XFractors sold that well again. :)[/quote:2iqmdbt1]

$150 at start and the last 2 were $66 and $65

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The only really big hits I think are in the product would be maybe Carolina Brights star cards and the auto/buyback books, but they are, obviously, so limited that you can't expect even one to surface in the first week.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
That Ruth card is ugly. I haven't seen much info on this product, will have to check it out.

Based on smapdi's post I am assuming the Carolina Brights parallels are 1/1's? That's dumb if true, being that in the regular set there are 5 or 6 backs that are tougher to get than a CB. Oh modern...

Junior Griffey said:
That Ruth card is ugly. I haven't seen much info on this product, will have to check it out.

Based on smapdi's post I am assuming the Carolina Brights parallels are 1/1's? That's dumb if true, being that in the regular set there are 5 or 6 backs that are tougher to get than a CB. Oh modern...

Carolina Brights are 1:1,331 packs
Book Card 1: 39,939 packs :shock: :shock: :shock:

I guess when 40,000 packs are opened we might see our first book card. ::facepalm::

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
opened 2 boxes, & i did extremely well.
George Sisler gold mini
Beltran bat
Ka'Aihue framed auto
Rogers Hornsby silk
Ryan Braun full size auto
redemption for a david wright full size auto
shane victorino framed plate 1/1

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I opened up another box today and hit the Wright auto and a numbered mini of Beckham. If anyone wants
to trade for topps heritage update let me know.

Kevin

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
springfieldisotopes4 said:
George Sisler gold mini
Beltran bat
Ka'Aihue framed auto
Rogers Hornsby silk

I guess that is relevent to what you consider "really well". Paying $80 a box, I consider that a decent break. Wright is a redemption, so really the Braun is the only decent hit IMO. I have 5 boxes on the way, and I think I am just going to sell them on Ebay to get my money back at this point. Really unimpressed at what is coming out of them.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
bodiaz said:
springfieldisotopes4 said:
George Sisler gold mini
Beltran bat
Ka'Aihue framed auto
Rogers Hornsby silk

I guess that is relevent to what you consider "really well". Paying $80 a box, I consider that a decent break. Wright is a redemption, so really the Braun is the only decent hit IMO. I have 5 boxes on the way, and I think I am just going to sell them on Ebay to get my money back at this point. Really unimpressed at what is coming out of them.

I was just meaning the odds of the cards i pulled. sure ill lose money, but i dont break wax to make it! Nothing HUGE like a buyback or booklet, but its a fun cheap break!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I never thought I would see Wright and Howard autos selling in the sub 30 range, but this is it. I think
I'm done.

Kevin

Members online