Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you rather have a bat or barrel?

Would you rather have a bat or barrel?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
It seems like for many CURRENT players you can buy a game used bat for the same price of a bat barrel (card). Which would you rather have if they were the same price?

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Full Bat.

Why buy a piece when you can get the whole bat?

denkerbat3.jpg

denkbatlarger.jpg

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I've always like cards more than memorabillia...

I've passed on many GU Tulo bats, but when a barrel pops up, I'll win it.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I'm asking this question because I'm hoping I have the chance to buy the Barmes barrel in Topps Unique. It'll probably cost me as much as my two game used bats combined, so now I'm rethinking.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
I'm asking this question because I'm hoping I have the chance to buy the Barmes barrel in Topps Unique. It'll probably cost me as much as my two game used bats combined, so now I'm rethinking.
Custom time :mrgreen:

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Custom time :mrgreen:
haha
I would have enough bat left over for about 1000 more cards :D

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I voted for a bat, and definitely prefer them to tiny slivers glued to cards. Due to the way I collect, however, with a heavy emphasis on completion, if given the prospect of purchasing either another Gomes bat or a Gomes bat barrel card, I would choose the card, figuring that more bats are out there and another one of the same model would probably turn up eventually.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I appologize for making a generalization, but those who chose barrel card over game used bat are ridiculous. With a game used bat, not only do you get as close to the game as possible, you get the barrel on top of it. It may be my opinion, but I feel those who choose a barrel card over the bat are those that have only been collecting for a couple years and don't understand that baseball has been around since the mid 19th century.

I guess its a matter of opinion, but to me personally it seems ludicrous that anyone would prefer a bat barrel card over a game used bat. I try not to generalize, but to me those who choose bat barrel are indoubiously uneducated in regards to this great hobby of ours. I understand some of us have our own preferences, but this still doesn't mke sense to me.

Why have a nameplate off the bat when you could have the bat it came from...

I'm done

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
I appologize for making a generalization, but those who chose barrel card over game used bat are ridiculous. With a game used bat, not only do you get as close to the game as possible, you get the barrel on top of it. It may be my opinion, but I feel those who choose a barrel card over the bat are those that have only been collecting for a couple years and don't understand that baseball has been around since the mid 19th century.

I guess its a matter of opinion, but to me personally it seems ludicrous that anyone would prefer a bat barrel card over a game used bat. I try not to generalize, but to me those who choose bat barrel are indoubiously uneducated in regards to this great hobby of ours. I understand some of us have our own preferences, but this still doesn't mke sense to me.

I'm done

You know what I hate more than intact GU bats? Redundancy from someone on a high horse.

For me it is sooooooooooooo simple, but maybe I'm just toooooo stupid. I collect cards, I'm a perfectionist, and like to keep my office looking nice and sleak. I have 4 pieces of memorabillia on my wall right now and they are all framed very nicely. I've never seen a bat holder that I really liked and I'm not sure it would look good showing just a single bat.

I'd have to buy enough bats to fill a certain space; I'm a little OCD like that. Finding that many bats and paying for the cases, if I ever found one I like, would be very expensive. I have 2 signed bats hiding in the corner of my office and I have no clue what to do with them.

But hey, I'm just stupid and I have no clue about the history of baseball.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

I'm done

You know what I hate more than intact GU bats? Redundancy from someone on a high horse.

For me it is sooooooooooooo simple, but maybe I'm just toooooo stupid. I collect cards, I'm a perfectionist, and like to keep my office looking nice and sleak. I have 4 pieces of memorabillia on my wall right now and they are all framed very nicely. I've never seen a bat holder that I really liked and I'm not sure it would look good showing just a single bat.

I'd have to buy enough bats to fill a certain space; I'm a little OCD like that. Finding that many bats and paying for the cases, if I ever found one I like, would be very expensive. I have 2 signed bats hiding in the corner of my office and I have no clue what to do with them.

I agree with wolfmanalfredo but I don't think you are stupid.Bats can be displayed quite well.I guess its up to your personal taste in displaying them but it can be done.But...do you display all of your cards?Probably not.The point is...its like saying you'd rather have the engine out of a ferrari than the whole car.If I had my choice...I'd have all of Bags's bat barrels and then a few GU full size ones as well.But if I had the choice to pick...I'd take the bat no doubt.The sad thing is...you can't get a Bags bat barrel for the same price as a full sized gamer.The gamers cost way more.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Adamsince1981 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

I'm done

I like how you elected to not underline when I specifically chose to note that my opinion was expressed.

I was very repeditive in that post, but I clearlyu made my point that it was my opinion. As someone on the board that I generally respect, I thought you would have picked up on that.

I may have been a little blunt, but its my personal opinion, and '

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Dont even have to think about it. Full bat every time. Most of the barrel cards are ugly and miscut pieces and dont fit in the window correctly.

Latest posts